SAU Community

R34 Gtt Power Steering Pump Dying

604JD

I have tried to fix a pretty substantial leak from one of my power steering pressure hoses off the pump for the last week. I thought it was fixed, then after some driving the leak appeared again. The pump is making some serious noise at idle and it chatters now but when I drive the noise is pretty much non existent and the steering works fine. There is a good amount of fluid the car, and underneath everything is soaked again though.

So I figure instead of trying to solve this leaky hose mystery I am about due for a new or used power steering pump.

Who else has ran into similar problems with their power steering? and where could I find a used pump?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Did you bleed the system?

Air in the pump makes some crazy noise, and takes a long time to get out on its own.

+1 getting the air out is a bitch. Raise the front end off the ground, start the motor and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, the all the way to right over and over again. Dont let the fluid i the reservoir get too low

Was able to look over things again.

My power steering reservoir is completly full still :s but oddly fluid is still under the car.

I think i will bleed the system again to see whats up, where the leak orginally was doesnt seem to be leaking anymore either.