SAU Community

Is Revving Up To 3000 Rpm Too Much For My Auto R34 Gtt

Well i normally often travel 360 km (Liverpool to Bathurst), with a full tank it can get me to and back before having only 1 bar of fuel left.

Is it normal considering i may be driving like a grandma always under 3000 rpm?

Well i will take it to a different mechanic soon to see afm, O2 sensor and boost leak etc.

Edited by Elegant Skyline

Hmmmm, almost sounds normal fuel consumption but in saying so my S1 33 is playing up and chewing 14.2L/100kms went up from 13.8L after a new O2 sensor :/ But if what I hear is correct the 34 engines are meant to be alot for fuel economical then the 33's correct?

With the 3 skylines i have owned i have always been able to achieve around 10l/100km on the open road, and thats with abit of chopping down and overtaking thrown in. Given that you; dont want to rev past 3000rpm, dont like exhaust or 'wooshing' noises and want something that is going to be economical I don't think a skyline is the vehicle for you. Buy a mazda 3 and enjoy accelerating past skylines at the lights with minimal noise and only using 6l/100km.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Also - the fact you're getting MORE than 300K's to a tank in a Turbo R34 is AWESOME.
Most barely see 300.

If you think you putting $80 worth of fuel in there is gonna last forever in what is essentially - a powerhouse - is stupid.

Also..
Buy an NA if the "woosh' over 3000 rpm scares you.
I am dumber for having read this thread.

lol