SAU Community

Do-Luck Ignition Harness Translate Please

_GTR_

I don't mean to be rude, but do you really need a translation? It is just a a relay to overcome any voltage drop that maybe present in the standard wiring. Power going in via a fusible link (red), earth (black), signal wire in (red), signal wire out (blue) .It even shows you the exact signal wire to cut and how to wire it in. Again, I'm only trying to help, but if this is over your head I'd suggest taking the car to an auto electrician.

Most of it I know how to wire up there was just afew thing's I wanted to be 100% sure it was the right spot.

The only thing now is in the 1st photo the thick blue earth cable does that need to go anywhere in particular or can I put it anywhere in the engine bay as the ground? cause in the picture it looks like it go's anywhere on the passager side of the car.

I'll give it ago tomorrow and thanks for your help Tim

I got your PM. Tim's right it just says to fit the earthing wire securely to the body etc. It doesn't give a specific mounting position.

I Installed the Do-Luck Ignition Harness Today all went smooth and here are the results.

Results:

When I started the car up the exhaust tone changed and then I gave it a few revs 3000- 4000 rpm and it wasn’t backfire anymore. Next I took it for a 15min drive up to 7000 rpm and it wasn’t backfiring under boost as it did sometimes.

More testing is required to see if it has removed the under 3000 rpm Miss problem and Backfiring under boost problem completely.

I will keep everyone posted on further result’s but so far I’m happy with the Result.

Note: I have made a "How To" on how to do it. This should be in the DIY section of the forum soon.