SAU Community

Will i make 350awkw?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate... Seriously. If you're going to edit your posts, at least grow some balls, be a man and stand up for the comments you made. If you didn't mean them, then say so.

Jesus. I thought I was talking to a mature adult. I guess not.

Gee.. Think it might have taken me a minute to type my reply???

Jesus mate, seriously... I can't believe you're trying to deny editing your post to remove this part:

Ive said it before - come to perth and come for a ride. Until then, shut up.

Your gutless cowardice astounds me.... Seriously. I would never have expected these kinds of pathetic shenanigans from you. You said it, grow some balls and say so.... don't deny it like a 4 year old.

Oh well. The beauty of the internet sad2.gif

funny thing is a few of you jumped in bagged ND4SPD before asking simple things like

where does boost come on

how high does it rev

its ok to make boost at 4k when you rev past 10 000..... 6000 rpm rev band is not - before someone says oh thats no good for the track - thats what gearboxes are for - shift down a gear.

his time was done on shitty worn dunlop tyres and with a completely full interior including stereo. done on pump fuel - hard to see how you can knock that.

www.antilag.com/features/gtr if your interested in a little more info

Time to post your ages as i think we are wasting time with young kids.

Try find a wild GTR that does more road time than ND4SPD before ppl bag it or ask John munro what its like as he has been in it.

Theres so many factors ppl dont take into account when talking drag times as my wifes GTR is only 270rwkw as the stock turbos wont go higher but it ran 12.0 @ 119.35MPH, the car was tuned on the same dyno as Jezzrr but ran near the same time,Why? 8300RPM side step of the line,Jezzrr has more respect for his GTRs than me.

I'm sorry, I appologise up front to anyone who thinks this post is about them personally, it's not. OK! :P

I simply don't understand why anyone would build a Skyline that can't be driven to its potential because "things might break". It makes no sense, why bother? :confused: Better to have less power that you can actually use, than more power that you can't. Better to build the WHOLE car to go fast, not just the engine. :( A 600 bhp engine is wasted in a 400 bhp chassis, with 200 bhp tyres and 150 bhp suspension. I am not going to go near the subject of a 100 bhp driver. :headspin:

Maybe it's just me, but a car is a PACKAGE and only as good as its weakest link. It doesn't matter how strong its strongest link is, the weak link will always be its downfall. :spew: It won't do the time if the tyres are crap, it won't do the time if the driver is not up to it, it won't make the speed if the gearbox or clutch dies, if the engine power band does not match the gearbox ratios, slow it is going to be, slower than it should be. :birdie:

End of rant :crazy:

Nah, it's just a tension relief thing. I am a bit stressed, we have 6 engines in pieces, 2 gearboxes it bits and 1 rear axle (inc diff) half finished. They are all waiting on SOMEONE to supply the stuff they promised weeks ago, stuff that has already been paid for in most cases. :headshot:

Time for a drink, I think :alcoholic

PS; How's the new engine coming along?

Any luck on working out how to make the standard box handle 400+rwkw? You think it would be worth getting the gears shotpleened and cryo'd so 3rd didn't strip as easy?

Engine is getting there now, pretty well only just got all the parts together for it

Any luck on working out how to make the standard box handle 400+rwkw? You think it would be worth getting the gears shotpleened and cryo'd so 3rd didn't strip as easy?

Engine is getting there now, pretty well only just got all the parts together for it

I haven't busted a GTST box yet (he said crossing fingers). So until I do, I am not stressing over it. When one of them lets go, I will buy a Pfitzner straight cut, dog engagement, close ratio, 5 speed gear set and stick that in. I haven't had any success in the past with "hardening up" gear sets, I reckon if they are too small, then they are TOO SMALL. Those RB25DET gearboxes are so heavy and a bugger to get out of an R32 with a RB31DET hanging onto the front of them, I only want to do it once. :wassup:

Gotta go, :( calling the US to chase up some missing pistons........... :flamed:

I'm sorry, I appologise up front to anyone who thinks this post is about them personally, it's not.  OK! :cheers:  

I simply don't understand why anyone would build a Skyline that can't be driven to its potential because "things might break".  It makes no sense, why bother? :confused:   Better to have less power that you can actually use, than more power that you can't.  Better to build the WHOLE car to go fast, not just the engine.   :( A 600 bhp engine is wasted in a 400 bhp chassis, with 200 bhp tyres and 150 bhp suspension.  I am not going to go near the subject of a 100 bhp driver. :headspin:

Maybe it's just me, but a car is a PACKAGE and only as good as its weakest link.  It doesn't matter how strong its strongest link is, the weak link will always be its downfall.  :spew:  It won't do the time if the tyres are crap, it won't do the time if the driver is not up to it, it won't make the speed if the gearbox or clutch dies, if the engine power band does not match the gearbox ratios, slow it is going to be, slower than it should be. :birdie:  

End of rant :crazy:

Post us the details the day you prove your self.