SAU Community

R33 Some Kind Of Ignition Problem

Hey guys,

Ive made a previous thread here so check for full story....http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/442374-r33-some-kind-of-ignition-problem/

Took my coils out on the weekend and the plugs... coils don't have any visible cracks or damage.. in cylinders 2 and 3 ontop of the plugs was a bunch gunk which looked like a mix of oil and water, im guessing from when I washed the engine bay as the seal of my rocker cover were basically non existent??... cleaned the gunk out the top of the plugs and removed the plugs there was no oil or anything in the cylinders but the plugs most of them were horribly black and looked very fouled... just waiting on my iridiums to come and I will fit them then tape up the coil packs and hope for the best as I cannot afford splitfires right now... my question is guys do you think my coils are finished or just the gunk (oil and water) ontop of the 2 plugs was causing the coils to not do their job properly? ive let the coils dry out now for a few days any other recommendations?.

Cheers in advance guys!

Not everyone uses their iPhone to browse these forums. You posted the exact same thing in your other thread at 2am. 12hrs later you decide to start another thread?

Your solution has already been given to you. Put the new plugs in, clean up your current coils and reinstall, save up and buy yellow jacket coils. Job done, move on to fix any other problems.

You also wasted money on the iridium plugs, they'll most likely foul up because of your old coils. Buy copper BCPR6ES next time.