SAU Community

Rb25 Hks Cams

Hey guys.

Can I run 264 9.00mm lift hks cams 2202 RN175 with standard valve springs. Where could I get these cams in Australia?

That's a reasonably high duration, meaning you will be revving it.

In which case you will probably want better springs.

You can run an adjustable exhaust cam gear with stock cams, which will give you an improvement in mid range power. But as a mechanic id never fit cams without putting in heavy duty valve springs. It pretty much goes hand in hand. You want cams, you must fit valve springs. Yes the HKS cams are drop in meaning they'll be ok to use with your stock valvetrain/head (excluding valve springs) The stock springs wont cope with the duration/lift of the HKS cams.

I hope you don't want to put in cams just so you can have am adjustable intake gear.....

That would be an ultimate fail, as vct is way too good to lose, and the stock gear is adjustable anyway (on a neo that is, not sure on pre neo, adjustable from the back but easily modded to be adjustable from the front.)

Why do you want cams?

What do you use the car for?

• Like 1

i had hks cams before and i want to delete vct ro run 26 covers. I want the car to make around 550

DONT DELETE VCT.

Especially just to run 26 covers.

That's plain stupid.

People with rb26engines would kill for vct.

Yeah seems silly to get rid of it just to run different covers. You can make the 25 covers look good

Or you could probably get the 26 covers modified to have the hump for VCT put in them

The power will be alot nicer if you keep VCT

i had hks cams before and i want to delete vct ro run 26 covers. I want the car to make around 550

You want to delete the system which will make the car so much nicer to drive, to run different covers?

:\