SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Spoiler

Hey, just wanted some opinions. So out of impulse buying i saw a carbon fibre spoiler and wanted it, thinking it would look awesome. Then realised the boot wouldn't still flush when the OEM one comes off. So i bought a bobtail, painted and installed it and than drilled the carbon fibre wing on. Now I'm really regretting it, i don't really like it. I was looking at old pictures of the car, and don't understand why i even took the old one off in the first place, the OEM look is sooo much better. It is much more beautiful with the original spoiler on.

I realise it is my fault for making a stupid knob decision, but i was justing wondering what everyone else thought of it?

post-119454-0-82979600-1402297459_thumb.jpg

post-119454-0-15967000-1402297520_thumb.jpg

Yeah doesnt look too cool, it instantly looks cheap, your always better off researching before buying something you stumble across...

Im saving for a bee-r cf wing blade that will replace the gtr rear spoiler blade (currently just a cf blade on my s2 r33) but the beeR is higher and larger, google search it...

There are some spoilers out there, but do you want it functional or just cosmetic, your current on probably fails in both sections though sorry...

I swapped the boot lids over with my R33 to a GTR 1. The boot lid came off a 97 Vspec with the carbon fiber end caps with the GTR logo on them and looks better and in my colour was a bonus

Damn 89CAL, that is one hot looking ride. The wing also adds to it perfectly.

I have a thread going in the V Series Skyline section, debating if I should get a black colour car or not. After reading others comments I'm having serious doubts about getting that colour..... :( and thinking I go silver, like I always have.

I just don't have the time to be hand cleaning it, well not enough to keep it looking smick. So I would have to run it through the Auto Car Wash, the type that has no brushes, just high pressure water etc. But I'm not sure if that is good for the paint etc.

But after seeing how damn perfect your ride looks, I'm back at square one again. Thinking I should go the black.... Damn it !

You should put up a warning before you splash pics about of your car..... Lol ;)

Thanks, it's taken a long time to get it where I wanted it, still not there, and may never be lol

Owning a black car really isnt that bad. I wash mine once a week at the most. Some weeks I get lazy and dont do it, especially if theres rain around. But it looks so damn good when its clean.

I don't use any special car wash, just the Maguires ultimate wash. And have started using Turtle wax - Black wax which makes it stay pretty clean. I find If I spend enough time waxing etc the car once every so often, its easy to wash once a week

I have taken mine through auto-wash's and it doesnt come up too bad, obviously never as good as a hand wash.

Bit off topic this lol

You'll now need to seal up the holes you drilled for the cf wing :|

I don't think gt wings looks bad on street cars, but it just depends on the wing itself - cheap ones do look cheap :(

Start again with a new boot lid. They are pretty cheap off wrecked 33's. It will cost you more to weld up the holes and repaint I'd say.

GTR wing or the boot lip you've got are the best choices for a street 33 :yes: