SAU Community

R34 V-Spec Crown And Pinion Into R32 Gtr Centre/case

No, just need rear diff as it's a RWD GTST but running R32 GTR running gear

Please tell me how you get on as I am in the same boat. I have an R32GTR diff in the back of my Stagea and want the 3.545 ratio but have been avoiding the V - spec active diff but if I can just use the crownwheel and pinion that will be a lot easier (I already have the front diff ready to go).

Yes, they fit nicely, the sump might need a bit of machining for the pinion gear, I had to do that for my 34 which has a modified 32 sump :)

Can that be done with the engine in? I have an R34 diff I want to put into an R33 GTR sump.

The gears can be changed in car, its not a fun job by any means, if it needs to be machined you might be able to die grind enough as it is only a real little bit that came off mine, it will be a PITA but yeah can be done

The R200 long nose diff ratios are all interchangeable, from 3.55 through to a 5.08 from a Navara iirc, I bought new 3.55 ratios for my 34 and the old ones I plan to put into the 32

• Like 1

Navara unlikely to be 3.55. They're in the high 4s low 5s usually. The 3.55 is the R34 CW&P you're asking about.

And yes - as he said - every R200 longnose can have the CW&P moved between them. The centres don't always swap between housings so easily, because there's some variety in axles (splines and diameter) and so on.

I would get a new centre and half shafts so that's not an issue. So the R34 Gtr v-spec crown wheel and pinion will fit in the R32 rear diff housing and bolt up to an approprite centre?

Excuse my ignorance but the R32 gtr diff is a long nose?

I believe there is a Navara/Pathfinder 3.5 ratio diff out there.

Yeah my bad, short nose, all short nose will interchange with other short nose and long for long but not short for long and vise versa due to pinion length, obviously, I gotta stop posting while working, that's the second time this week I've mucked it up :(

I have just bought a new Navara centre for my 34, will do a write up on how that goes

I do believe only the R34 GTR got the 3.545 ratios and the Navaras are high 4s to low 5s, the BSM GTr team put the 3.545 ratio into their R32 GTR race car

And as GTSboy said there are a few different output shafts, not that it matter if your getting the matching ones, the R32 GTR has iirc a 30 spline for the early cars and a 31 spline for later models which is same as 33 and 34 GTRs, not totally sure about the A-LSD diameters but am going to find out soon :)

• 1 month later...