SAU Community

Fake performance stickers: YOU Decide

Chris, just for the record..

Is it a car your sharing with your brother bought by your parents?

Does the car really belong to you, or do you just drive it ocassionally?

Have you driven the car?

The reason I ask this is the names on the website dont match up with your profile thats all.

* gets popcorn and beer * :(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would only stick stickers on my car if I received the sponsorship that goes with them....

Ask the professional racer if he would have his car covered in stickers if he didn't have to because of sponsorship.

Stickers are for the tool box... and for the people that want to be hassled by the police all the time.

Stickers are right up there with chrome wheels as a definite no no.

There is a Hyundai Tiburon in my home town that has all the HKS, BLITZ etc stickers from autobahn on the doors but has no turbo or any of them at brands at all and he obviously doesn't know people laugh at him every time they see him drive past. It also has to two N1 style mufflers, wing on the back (front wheel drive) and fake scoops in the bonnet and enough sub's to sink a fleet of ships and big chrome wheels and the only performance mods are exhaust and cold air intake and he's as happy as a pig in **** with his car..... go figure.

If I ever turn out like him please shoot me.... you'll be doing the world a favor.

lol at the conversation in here...

i, very unseriously, voted no as i'm wearing a nismo jacket as we speak/type and i don't have any nismo parts, let alone a car!

but seriously, if it's on the car, it implies that you have the part. with the general definition of rice being a modification to make your car look fast, as apposed from make it look good, a nismo sticker on the car is implying the false sense that it's fast.

fake stickers = the definition of rice :(

edit: nismo is probably a bad example of a 'fake' sticker, as nismo = nissan motorsport int.... a stock nissan can still go round a track. like a holden gts with a hsv sticker. replace nismo with apexi or hks or soemthing

i do have a small nismo sticker on the rear side windows tho, but i think it is ok cause it's tasteful, my japanese sticker is at the top of the windscreen......and no where near as big as knores

Personally I dont like having performance stickers all over my car, i prefer a nice simple and clean look.. besides i'm sure no one else needs to see what brand of parts i have on my car. Although i think my intercooler says my car means business :(

only sticker i'm putting on my car is the Skylines Australia sticker. I guess it's ok to put performance parts stickers on your car if you have the parts (and not just a turbo timer or whatever as Knore said) but if you don't have the parts, don't put on the stickers.

Guest RedLineGTR

My 2 cents on the situation is that the only reason I don’t put some kind of stickers on my car (like on the paintwork) is for the fact that lets say after a year or half a year of some kind of sun exposure, paint fades over time and with different conditions so lets say I want to take my stickers off after a year then I find that I have darker paint under the sticker and the panel is lighter...guess what you have too do??....get that panel resprayed..Also I am a worried about the quality of stickers companies use!!..Will it be hard to remove the sticker or will it be easy after a couple of months etc. I would thoe put some stickers on possibly my sideskirts or something along those lines since a respray of those parts wouldn’t cost the world.

Guest RedLineGTR

If its your car do what you want to it!!! It's yours after all and you’re the person that has to drive it and spend money on it.

i have tein suspesnion on my skyline, came with a sticker pack, no way known im going to put them down my door or on my boot (even came with a badge!)

though i did stick a small sticker of the tein man on my 4wd :(

:(

Is Rezz a d0rk? Absolutely. :(

Yeah, yeah... when I posted that all you buggers posted at the same time... I was referring to the posts on page 1 of this thread. But anyways... back to the ghey replies! :D