SAU Community

2007 2008 370Gt Brakes

Hi Guys,

I’m in the early stages of Importing a 2007 – 2008 370GT Coup

I honestly cannot find anything regarding my query, nothing substantially evident anyway.

I just want to know does both the late model 2007 & 2009 model S and SP have the same 4-piston front brakes and 2 piston rears?

Or… Does the:

P. sliding 1-piston

S. 2-piston

SP 4- Piston

I don’t usually ask these kind of questions but I have Googled, Wiki’d and downloaded the Workshop Manual…

Thank you in advance,

Having been seriously corrected on this with the sedans, I have also read up on this...

With the coupes, it is much easier, the S and SP have the 370z BBK with 4 piston in the front, 2 piston on the rear and 355mm front discs.

Found out for certain today... V36 sedans.

350gt S and SP single piston front and rear 330mm front discs.

370gt S and SP 2 piston front single piston rear and 320mm front discs.

• Like 1

Plus I am pretty sure that any brakes could be optioned on any model, so it pays to check auction photos.

The other thing is though, there are a few sets of BBK and Brembos floating around fs for cheaper than ever prices - so if you find a car at the price and spec you want, buy it, and put BBK/Brembos on it when it gets here (like I did).

• Like 1

Also, I guess if there sliding calipers there definetly not going to be 4 pistons, right? I think I got my self confused over reading. Because most sites state in 09 the S & SP coupes brakes where "upgraded" to 4 piston front and 2 back. They most certainly look like there 20x quicker to change pads..

You cannot miss the 4 piston set ups... The calipers are huge and standard on the S and SP 370GT. Big silver things...

This is the eBrochure for the V36 coupe and shows that "four-wheel aluminium caliper opposed piston brake" was standard on the S and SP, but not the P and the base 370GT coupe, from October 07.

http://history.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V36/0710/XML/eq4isr000002c733.html

It's not a vastly different process to change pads timewise. Depending on how worn the discs are of course. Often you need to take the whole caliper off to spread the pistons open to accommodate the new thicker pads, which is actually a more time consuming process than removing the slide brake setups.

Having been seriously corrected on this with the sedans, I have also read up on this...

With the coupes, it is much easier, the S and SP have the 370z BBK with 4 piston in the front, 2 piston on the rear and 355mm front discs.

Found out for certain today... V36 sedans.

350gt S and SP single piston front and rear 330mm front discs.

370gt S and SP 2 piston front single piston rear and 320mm front discs.

both sedans have 2 piston front single rear =P

both sedans have 2 piston front single rear =P

Not according to the G35 sedan 2008 Service manual...

V36 G35 BR.pdf

BR-63 is showing that there are 2 brake options on the sedan.

330mm front discs with single piston sliding caliper

and 320mm front discs with dual piston sliding calipers.

This means if you have the dual piston calipers on your car, then maybe you are running the same 320mm discs as the 370z!! That would be a bit of good news for you. :cheers:

and 320mm front discs with dual piston sliding calipers.

This means if you have the dual piston calipers on your car, then maybe you are running the same 320mm discs as the 370z!! That would be a bit of good news for you. :cheers:

I wonder if these are the same as the Series 2/3 V35 front rotors? they are also twin piston 320mm. Which are the same as the 05+ 350z brakes.

Thanks heaps guys,

You have clarified a lot I'm getting an sp coupe so I'll definitely get 4 pistons! Big upgrade from the TRD Aurion I have which has 2 piston sliding calipers.