SAU Community

Rb2530 Neo Rwd Stagea Daily

Hi all.

Figured I would piece together a bit of a build thread , and include whatever info I have posted in other threads already.

Little history in the car.

Basically to be used as a semi sensible daily, with trips to the drags ass often as ss possible (which is not often at all in adelaide.)

Initially running a gt3071 on the rb25 I for some reason decided to pull out the perfectly good bottom end and whack in a stock rb30. Reasons being the obvious off boost drive ability and also to increase the amount of stall on the converter. Trans had a mv shift kit and second gear servo as pretty much the first thing.

ALL work is done by me, including tuning (aside from the auto trans, that's the one thing I leave alone!)

Running nistune, got some ls coil packs for nothing so whacked them on. Made brackets to sit above exhaust cam cover and even managed to use the original ls coil leads (although a couple are like 12mm too short)

A 3076r turbo popped up cheap so grabbed it. Also dropped in some type b poncams I got cheap and retuned.

Car picked up power and made power to the limiter, it was falling off big time with the 3071 after 5500 rpm.

Never actually had a chance to run the car at the drags with the 3076, with the 3071 it went 12.5 on hi fly tyres.

Skip to now and a gt35 xr6 spec popped up as a bargain so I grabbed it.

Over the last couple of days managed to fit it all, along with a hks lowmount manifold and turbosmart gate ( retapped manifold to suit.)

Going away next week so dyno will be the week after, then I'm entered into the street meet for the 19th (which has been cancelled 3 times!)

Here's a pic of how it looks. Im not I to the show side of things at all. And I suck at remembering to take pictures!

post-107339-0-20115700-1412312769_thumb.jpg

Future plans involve the obvious built trans, will likely be going full manual, a not sure on mv or keas just yet and a bigger converter, e85 is on the cards but not for a while.

Having a one yr old daughter certainly changes priorities, and the car is meant to just be a budget hack.

Hopefully a low 12 is going to happen. Which will keep me happy for a few months :)

I'm sure I have forgotten things.

I'm also running an aquamist water injection setup, running water only.

And above photo was before heat shielding.

Running a pod under the stock top of airbox and snorkel because I couldn't be bothered makimg the inlet pipe to suit the stock box, and the stock box does. It fit as nicely due to the higher height of the 30 block changing how the intercooler pipes run.

Edited by Ben C34

• 1 month later...