SAU Community

Rb25Det J Pipe Hose?

rb25debt

That's the idle air circuit, AAC and air reg connect here.

Cheers for that man, it had a hole melted in to it, i have taped it for the meanwhile. would a hole in it cause my car to run like crap?

Absolutely, you'll let unmetered air into the engine below boost, and let out tons of air on boost. Definitely would run like crap.

Ohh okay, because thats what it feels like its doing, its hitting 8 psi, but doesn't feel like its pulling at all. almost feels like its letting all the boost out somewhere. I have taped the hole really well until i get a replacement, but its still doing it.

Edited by rb25debt

What has been done to the black pipe that connects to that nipple?

That pipe connects (via the AAC and air reg) to the plenum so I doubt the engine would run unless the pipe has been blocked.

I followed it and its still hooked up to the plenum, it goes to a joiner that goes along the top of the back of the engine. The hole was melted by the external wastegate

So you're saying the hose end is open to atmosphere?

Under idle conditions, the throttle plate is effectively closed and the engine draws air via that black hose.

The AAC valve and the air reg are part of that system, which ends by connection to the plenum.

This means with an open hose, when idling the engine is eating unfiltered air and when under boost conditions, boost is escaping.

It's not too difficult to connect that hose to the "J" pipe as originally intended.

So you're saying the hose end is open to atmosphere?

Under idle conditions, the throttle plate is effectively closed and the engine draws air via that black hose.

The AAC valve and the air reg are part of that system, which ends by connection to the plenum.

This means with an open hose, when idling the engine is eating unfiltered air and when under boost conditions, boost is escaping.

It's not too difficult to connect that hose to the "J" pipe as originally intended.

Yea it's still connected to the correct place it just had a hole melted into it. i taped it for the mean while

I see, that's not so hard then.

As a temporary measure I'd cut the hose at the burned part and sleeve it with a piece of steel tube/hose clamps until you can buy a suitable replacement.

The hose has to take heat and boost so tape won't cut it.

I see, that's not so hard then.

As a temporary measure I'd cut the hose at the burned part and sleeve it with a piece of steel tube/hose clamps until you can buy a suitable replacement.

The hose has to take heat and boost so tape won't cut it.

Ahh good idea, yea i'll do that tomorrow, i also realized my bov isn't going off, it just compresser surges. as i said earlier it makes 8 psi boost but doesn't pull like it is. When i had the gate hooked up wrong and it was over boosting the bov was going off.