SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

I just hope renault spend their 63.5 credits or whatever it is (whatever a fking "credit" is) fixing their donkey of a motor for next season. Otherwise it'll be business as usual for Merc.

This motor situation really is BS. I just wish they ditched the electric shit, chucked a couple of turbos on em, and gave them 100kg for the race.

That's the worst idea in the world. If you ditched the electric motors and kept the fuel limit, the cars would be even slower. I'm all for kicking the ER systems, but if you left everything else the same then it would fellate mouse dick.

Also, looking forward to getting loose this time next year when Alonso wins his 3rd title. I'm calling it early.

I quite like the electronics in the car. Lets face it, Its what the future holds, and it is fairly impressive what they can do.

I wonder if Honda have got a good engine. They did test it in a modified McLaren not long ago, but didn't really pay much attention (I think it was more of a promo or gentle shakedown) so no real useful information for us folk out of it

It's interesting to read what Eric Boullier had to say about it.

Q: It has taken other engine manufacturers quite some time to get up to speed with the new power units - and even now the majority are not where they would like to be. How is the situation at Honda?

EB: These are things that I cannot answer right now. But from the development as I oversee it, I can say that we have been quite brave. Just from the numbers that I know, there is a huge potential. The commitment of Honda is absolutely huge and we have a very good preparation strategy, so we are on a good path.

After finally getting the shitbox out of the garage in the afternoon missing all the morning running, they only managed 3 installation laps - ie out and straight back into the pits. That and Boullier's comments about it sound exactly like Renault last year. IMO They're not ready - don't expect it to be any good.

can't tell anything from them idling around the pits. But if its louder on the track at full noise that just means wasted energy. But they only ran 5 'installation' laps over the two day test, so I guess nobody managed to catch video of them on track lol

"Jean-Eric Vergne has ruled himself out of remaining in Formula One with Toro Rosso in 2015" http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/26/vergne-says-wont-drive-toro-rosso-2015/

Edited by hrd-hr30