SAU Community

Formula 1 2015

dezz

What happened. They need to keep Honda in the headlines. So who's more popular in Japan Button (ex factory Honda driver with a Japanese missus) or the other bloke?

But anyway they need to develop the car next year and Button may be better placed to do that than Magnussen.

As for Fernando that is a no brainer. Best driver out there.

Button isn't the designer or engineer...

Alonso has had input to a string of messed up cars. Guess he's pretty mediocre too?

His need for a car to suffer from chronic understeer does hinder car development in my opinion yes

And what is the string of cars? he's had maybe two cops he's had to content with, both with Ferrari, and that place is a lasagna filled joke, so as much as I dislike the sight of his face, I cant let him take the blame for them

Yeah the Brawn was horrible.

You and I both know that that particular car is an anomaly in an otherwise uninterrupted string of disappointment

Even with the Brawn being over developed and miraculously having a Mercedes motor fit beautifully into it, the car was only dominant for 2/3 of the season, once Rebull caught up... pretty quickly... Buttons wins stopped abruptly

No balance Button doesnt fool me, he's a charatan that should have made way for the younger guy but like Rubens, he'll stick around far past his used by date

McLaren need a B team to develop young drivers. Like RedBull do and Ferrari did. But that aint going to happen under Ron Dennis.

Probably don't have enough kesh to do so at the moment anyway. Alonso wont be cheap and I cant believe how much they are paying Button. Their wage bill must be almost as bad as Ferraris except Ferraris drivers are more mediocre - not as good as Nando but better than Jensen.

If they had have signed Grosjean or Hulk then they would have been better off.

If the younger guy could perform anywhere near his level, I might agree. But if Button is mediocre, Magnussen must be woeful

With the lack of testing miles available to the young guys these days, I dont feel its fair to paint KMag with that brush

He's done a good enough job to keep his seat, Button had a similar start to his career (with much more experience behind him) while still being outscored by his lacklustre teammate. Time to move on