SAU Community

Blackburn Nissan

crack

Hey all. Nedded a few small bits and pieces for the r33 gts-t and thought I would go to a nissan dealer to see what can be bought for the line. Walked into the spare parts office and was confronted by a display of NIZMO stickers. Thought to myself this is promising. Waited for a while (guy was on the phone) looking around and saw a Nissan calender with an r34 gtr. Cool.

To cut a long story short the guy behind the counter was the most helpful person I have spoken to concerning my r33. Most minor parts are stocked (filters, spark plugs, etc). If it has to come from japan it takes two weeks. From interstate it takes two days and if it comes from within Victoria half a day. I'm thinking about enquiring about a full consult service as well. Give them a go. :D

all nissan dealers are like this and have been for a while

not the one in glen waverley...once you say "import" they dont really want to know you.

but i know blackburn spare parts is ok.

i had a nissan dealer service my r33 for some time, they fixed a few things here and there and did consult diags. no problems at all, was very happy with them

i had a nissan dealer service my r33 for some time, they fixed a few things here and there and did consult diags. no problems at all, was very happy with them

which dealer was it?

Garry Rogers Nissan has 2 mechanics who were trained to work on the Aussie GTRs. I haven't been there in a while, but they did try to make me spend almost $3000 on a new rear K-frame assembly. I replaced it at UPI with a 30,000km old one for $400.

I got quoted $800 - ex Japan, for a Power Steering hose - All rubber! This was from Oakleigh Nissan I think, was over the phone...not a high pressure type of hose either.

Other things can be well priced though - N15 type "Nissan" logo badges were only $12 each!

yeah got quoted around 250 for a centre console lid. I used to go to nissan for services and they were absolutely crap!!! tensioned the belts all wrong and the car just didn't seem right. Cost me a grand to change the clutch and service. Another thing they said only 1 clutch kit will fit in it in aust. I'm like wtf, bullcrap. But the clutch was so roooted it had to be towed so i didn't want to tow somewhere else. so i just sed yea do it. took more than a few days to get there as well. 5000 kms after a major service i said can u service it again and tune it coz i'm getting epa'd. They replaced spark plugs again, after 5000kms i was like don't u check ur files mate? 6 of em 25 bux each. damn. This was at frankston nissan.

now i go to a friends workshop. But i buy nissan parts for it, i need a new rocker cover gasket, n e 1 know how much they are. Yes u are right the dudes behind the counter are kool, very friendly and helpful. Just not good experiences with the services.