SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

Im thinking the limiter of 8k turns fuel off not spark which i asked cred if its ok he said either one is safe.

From what i read on forum's ignition cut is a must.
Is that true ?

no.

fuel or ignition, fuel cut is the go to default as its softer. ignition cut gives pops and bangs (and on an RB isnt great for the oil pump) and is harder.

powerfc does fuel cut for the limiter, more advanced computers can do either or both as steps (eg kill fuel at 8k and fuel and ignition at 8.5k)

• Like 1

no.
fuel or ignition, fuel cut is the go to default as its softer. ignition cut gives pops and bangs (and on an RB isnt great for the oil pump) and is harder.
powerfc does fuel cut for the limiter, more advanced computers can do either or both as steps (eg kill fuel at 8k and fuel and ignition at 8.5k)

Why oil pump dont like it ?

Im thinking of detonation as i did hit 66 knock at 7950rpm pop pop pop.

I have dejetro i have map no AFM

The only one for ign cut in PFC is pfc Pro n it has launch control too.
Im intrested in how launch control is done and how much more its helpfull

Because the oil pump drive off the crank gets smacked around like a hammer as the ignition cut limiters are generally faster to cut/resume and this eventually cracks the gear in your oil pump losing oil pressure followed shortly by the rest of your engine and turbo dying.

Launch control depends on the ecu, some are just a 2ndary limiter, some do ignition retard and add fuel to build boost. If you have a gtst. Launch control that builds boost is fairly pointless as it just results in wheel spin.

Because the oil pump drive off the crank gets smacked around like a hammer as the ignition cut limiters are generally faster to cut/resume and this eventually cracks the gear in your oil pump losing oil pressure followed shortly by the rest of your engine and turbo dying.

Launch control depends on the ecu, some are just a 2ndary limiter, some do ignition retard and add fuel to build boost. If you have a gtst. Launch control that builds boost is fairly pointless as it just results in wheel spin.

Full grip baby GT-R style [emoji12]

Full grip baby GT-R style [emoji12]

Then it makes more sense.

But be aware that it's not nice on your gearbox/clutch/drive shafts. Revving the car up to 4k and dropping the clutch isn't nearly as likely to break things as Revving the car up to 4k, building 20psi and then dropping the clutch.

It's really a show off thing or drag racing thing, other than making turbo noises at the lights or in carparks it has no practical Street use.

Then it makes more sense.

But be aware that it's not nice on your gearbox/clutch/drive shafts. Revving the car up to 4k and dropping the clutch isn't nearly as likely to break things as Revving the car up to 4k, building 20psi and then dropping the clutch.

It's really a show off thing or drag racing thing, other than making turbo noises at the lights or in carparks it has no practical Street use.

4k and full boost yummm.

I attempted learning to do smooth launch 7k drop clutch swiftly.
But still smelt clutch now paranoid about clutch life left.
Anything under 7k i bogged down. May -5 turbos not helping

Im thinking of detonation as i did hit 66 knock at 7950rpm pop pop pop.

I have dejetro i have map no AFM

The only one for ign cut in PFC is pfc Pro n it has launch control too.
Im intrested in how launch control is done and how much more its helpfull

I hit 300 knock once. 91ron fuel

Good times

Our pumps came with a hex type shape that cracks on the corners and it didn't sit fully on the crank on earlier models so the edges get worn making a loose fit.

I fitted a collar to my crank to rectify but mobs like tomei use a spline instead of the hex
  • Like 1

Bad storm in Kyushu where I visited this year. 2 of the prefectures were flooded and ppl are missing under the rubble. All the in laws are far enough away luckily

• Like 3

Good times as in rebuild?

Only 1 piston didn't have broken ring lands when I rebuilt but I'm unsure which incident broke them. It was overheated twice. Knocked to 300 once and ran so retarded once that the exhaust manifold snapped,all studs broke, turbo shaft snapped and engine harness melted

But I rebuilt it 3 years after all of these events so it held up well [emoji12]

Only 1 piston didn't have broken ring lands when I rebuilt but I'm unsure which incident broke them. It was overheated twice. Knocked to 300 once and ran so retarded once that the exhaust manifold snapped,all studs broke, turbo shaft snapped and engine harness melted

But I rebuilt it 3 years after all of these events so it held up well [emoji12]

Wow that a decent effort.
So did you do a spastic rebuild or a normal one.

Wow that a decent effort.
So did you do a spastic rebuild or a normal one.

Same crank, forged JE pistons, spent a heap on port/polish and modifying the head. Tomei cams,springs,exh gear. New turbo and all the associated supporting bits.

Best case should do about 450hp at treads on 98 or into the mid 500's on e85. Hopefully get it going within a week. Needs a new alarm system

Is it worth the money on the head. Coz that the area i 1st want to mod.

It's not one of the things you need to bother with at the power level -5 will give you. Small duration high lift cams are a better spend (~260 deg ~10mm)
  • Like 1