SAU Community

Nissan Gtr Rumours

There are a lot of rumours going around about the "Next GTR" whether it is the R35 GTR or not.

I thought I'd create a thread to chat about these rumours.

gallery_3_5780_87057.jpg

The latest is from paultan.org.

That site writes

Said powertrain setup features a twin-turbo 3.0 litre petrol V6 mill, itself touted to put down as much as 500 hp, while an electric motor with Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) further augments the package by providing as much as 1,500 hp in total. A five-speed sequential transmission with a Tilton triple-plate carbon clutch and a pneumatic paddle shift layout sends all that grunt to all four wheels.

Not sure about that 1,500hp claim ...

The article goes on to say ...

As a result, it’s not so surprising to see a milder variation of the same powertrain lurking under the bonnet of the next-gen GT-R – which will be front-engined still, as confirmed by Nissan’s Shiro Nakamura. So far, reports are in that the 2017 Nissan GT-R will have a power output hovering about the 700 hp-mark.

700 hp sounds awesome. But, more power and a milder powertrain?

What do you think? Have you read much about the new GTR?

R36 maybe? Don't know too much yet, but I have a few suggestions or hopes rather.

I think if they could give it more top end power that'd be great. The 0-100 is pretty good, after that it drops off a little.

I also wonder if they could have a better comfort mode, so that the car is less clunky and noisy when you are just cruising stuck in traffic....

There are a lot of rumours going around about the "Next GTR" whether it is the R35 GTR or not.

I thought I'd create a thread to chat about these rumours.

gallery_3_5780_87057.jpg

The latest is from paultan.org.

That site writes

Not sure about that 1,500hp claim ...

The article goes on to say ...

700 hp sounds awesome. But, more power and a milder powertrain?

What do you think? Have you read much about the new GTR?

That first quote about 1500 combined hp from a 3 liter V6 and KERS is talking about the drivetrain on the Nismo GT-R LM race car, not the R36 so that 1500 number is legit - that's typical peak power output from the type of twin-turbo petrol V6 and Torotrak flywheel KERS the LM is running. That number is peak combined power though and not sustained hp which will be closer to 700 hp from the V6 alone. The article is basically just rehashing the old rumors that have been flying around for a long time now that the next-gen GT-R will be a hybrid with styling cues from the Vision GT concept - you don't exactly have to be prophetic or an insider to draw obvious conclusions like that.

• Like 1

That first quote about 1500 combined hp from a 3 liter V6 and KERS is talking about the drivetrain on the Nismo GT-R LM race car, not the R36 so that 1500 number is legit - that's typical peak power output from the type of twin-turbo petrol V6 and Torotrak flywheel KERS the LM is running. That number is peak combined power though and not sustained hp which will be closer to 700 hp from the V6 alone. The article is basically just rehashing the old rumors that have been flying around for a long time now that the next-gen GT-R will be a hybrid with styling cues from the Vision GT concept - you don't exactly have to be prophetic or an insider to draw obvious conclusions like that.

Thanks for clarifying.