SAU Community

Nurburgring

bernie777

Hi guys I will be going to germany in September this year and I'm intending to visit the all famed green hell. Any advice on how to rent a car or where to rent as well as any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate - There's quite a lot of rental places right on the ring that you can rent.

I personally used RSRNurburg. All the prices are pretty similar (expensive!) but.... I mean you're there, you pay the money, you do it, and have fun, and then you can say you did it.

Note: You don't need to rent the most amazing car to have fun there. I ended up doing it with the Clio RS with paddle shifters and had a blast.

Mind you, it was in the middle of winter and -2C, so in such sketchy conditions a Prius would have been a massive handful!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the hints n advice everyone. I was just thinking would it be ok if I rented a car from Munich airport, drive all the way up to the Nurburgring experiencing the autobhan at the same time. Use the same rental car to drive round the ring a few laps and head back to Munich or visit cologne. Your thoughts in this folks?

Thanks for the hints n advice everyone. I was just thinking would it be ok if I rented a car from Munich airport, drive all the way up to the Nurburgring experiencing the autobhan at the same time. Use the same rental car to drive round the ring a few laps and head back to Munich or visit cologne. Your thoughts in this folks?

Everyone visits colon in Germany