SAU Community

GTS-25t boot sticker.

P1E

An easy way to remove badges and stickers is to use a hairdryer... heat them up a little, then pull them off slowly. You then remove the residue with a little bit of methylated spirits, wash, then polish.

You won't be able to tell that the sticker was there in the first place unless your paint has faded noticeably (paint under the sticker will not have faded as much).

wil..

My R33 S1 didn't come with a sticker at the back but it came with a gold badge instead.

I guess it is not from the factory, but it gives it that little bit of prestige hehe.

Gold badge looks good on the blk line.

Coupe only got a sticker.... while 4door sedan gets the badge. Your gold one might be from the 4 door, either that or aftermarket gold one - cos on 4 door I've seen silver badge only not gold.

There's a way to remove sticker without marks is to clean it afterwards and buff it out, maybe cut and polish will do.  

Have you had an experienced panel beater have a look at your car? You might be surprised how easy they can spot and point out proof of respray on things that would normally be missed by common people like us... A panel beater showed the proof on mine, I was shocked as I never paid attention on that part until he pointed some little details of previous respray job. However he praised that it is a good quality repair, so it should be ok. :rofl:

Are you saying that every R33 that doesn't have a GTS-T sticker on the back has been resprayed or had an accident. That's a huge call mate I think your jumping to a conclusion. I guess theres other reasons why;

Maybe some didn't come out with them.

Maybe owners removed them.

Maybe stickers were an option when buying?

i was contemplating removing mine but if people are going to jump to the conclusion it has been resprayed or accident damage i might think again. I dont see how people can just automatically assume though if the car doesnt have a sticker its a repair job ???

Are you saying that every R33 that doesn't have a GTS-T sticker on the back has been resprayed or had an accident. That's a huge call mate I think your jumping to a conclusion. I guess theres other reasons why;

Maybe some didn't come out with them.

Maybe owners removed them.

Maybe stickers were an option when buying?

I never concluded that way, I only ever said "could have been" resprayed, I never say that every R33 without boot sticker IS definitely 100% a respray. It suggest a possibility only. owners can remove them, but if people thinking towards respray then it is because of majority of cases are caused by respray - as people normally don't bother sourcing another sticker after respray. I don't think R33 came out of the factory without badges or boot sticker, it should be standard issue.

And to add to that... my car IS a respray job, and it does have stickers on.

even got the side Skyline strip which looks like an option in Japan that the resprayer even masked off, causing rough edges around the stripe sticker.

If you're in VIC and coming to any future cruises, I'll show you the respray job on my car. That is, if I haven't done another full respray on the car myself before we meet.