SAU Community

GTS-25t boot sticker.

P1E

there are heaps of skylines out there missing those stickers

Yeah.. heaps of accident repaired skylines...

Under the old import rule, it is a known practice to import accident damage vehicles from japan at cheap prices, repaired them here before selling. Because the cost of accident repair here is cheaper than in Japan, this is a way to make profit. The new SEVS rule makes it harder for these dodgy skylines to make their way into the country because accident damage vehicles can no longer be imported unless a good quality accident repair has been done in Japan before the car is imported. Although this doesn't mean that imported cars under the new SEVS rule (excluding 15yo cars) do not have accident damage in Japan, however the new rule would reduce such "dodgy" practices that were usually done in the past. The catch is, it is now harder & more expensive to comply imports because the control is very strict in terms of damaged and modified cars.

Hmm.. you said: The only way to remove the sticker is by respraying the car??

Why would anyone wanna remove factory badges/stickers? It will only reduce the value of your car no matter for whatever "cool" or "rice" reason you got...

When cars are being resprayed, the painter will need to remove any stickers on the panel they're working on. Nobody spray over sticker, it will show up and final result won't be good. Masking the sticker (as some dodgy painter did) will not yield in better result in the long time, as paint will peel or have rough edges around the sticker where they masked it off.

Get a new sticker from Nissan, I'm sure they can get you from Japan. Try Blackburn Nissan (see other thread about this)

My car doesn't have the sticker either, and no idication that it ever did. Also, being a series II the bonnet mounted S logo was taken off (which i later found in the glove box, Thankyou Japanese owner! :D) I'm 99% sure my car has never been resprayed either.

My car doesn't have the sticker either, and no idication that it ever did. Also, being a series II the bonnet mounted S logo was taken off (which i later found in the glove box, Thankyou Japanese owner! :D) I'm 99% sure my car has never been resprayed either.

There's a way to remove sticker without marks is to clean it afterwards and buff it out, maybe cut and polish will do.

Have you had an experienced panel beater have a look at your car? You might be surprised how easy they can spot and point out proof of respray on things that would normally be missed by common people like us... A panel beater showed the proof on mine, I was shocked as I never paid attention on that part until he pointed some little details of previous respray job. However he praised that it is a good quality repair, so it should be ok. :)

yeah, my car had been buffed when i first bought it. I'm glad the logo wasn't on the bonnet tho, i had a fear that if it was there some idiot might try and rip it off. I remember when i first started looking for Skylines i came across a series 1 in a car yard where someone had taken off the badge with a screwdriver... not good.

mine is still on there and its looks fine to me, and my uncle is a panel beater and has not said that my car has any repsrays or anything when he put was buffing out some scrathces and painting my bodykit and stuff.

Besides, i would like to keep the GTS25T sticker on there, and not be like people who take it off and throw gtr badges front and rear... (no ill feelings towards people who take them off and keep it plain though)

absolute rubbish about it reducing your resale value. I have noticed those gts 25t stickers on most skylines have faded and become weathered, and as far as i'm concerned, they look very ugly when they are cracking. I peeled mine off. It did leave a residual mark, but that's better than having the sticker there. Just whack a small nismo sticker in it's place.

i agree with 97r33gtst-typeM

my first 95 r33 came from japan with a really weathered gts25t sticker so i removed it

my current line came without the sticker

they all come factory with it, but over time they do fade and crack, and lots of people just like the debadged look.

i am planning to peeel that sticka off...just for the plain slick look, so that my car is stickerlesss....umm anyone know a way to peeel it off without leaving a mark?

I read somewhere in this forum a while ago that if you use a blow dryer, the sticker will come off much easier...anyone have experience with this?

Mine is now missing that sticker as it has been resprayed.

If you want another they can be had from Nissan for around $40.

You will need to supply your paint code so they can match up the correct sticker for you.

I am thinking of getting a new sticker, make it have that fresh out of the factory look.

BUT.. I have better things to spend $40 on. ;)