SAU Community

Fuel Rail And Injector Choice

Dan93

Alright guys! You've been a huge help! My main concern was whether or not they were trying to rip me off and trying to sell me something that I don't need.

My main goal is to have some nice power for the hills (I don't drift the car, not into that) and a good suspension setup.

Plus I want to keep the engine bay mainly stock looking and clean.

I know very few people who have ever had an issue with garage7. They are a great supporter of R chassis and make loads of custom parts for them. Decs is super switched on and knows his shit, I can't imagine him selling something that won't work :)

Exactly my thoughts man and thanks for the input! I obviously want to do my homework so I don't buy into something I don't understand.

Also, from what I've read is that I've got to replace the rubber fuel lines because it breaks down and clogs fuel components. Do it once do it properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys been doing some more homework and I've been given some advice to just go with a set of 550cc ones.

This will allow me to keep the standard rail.

Should I buy injectors brand new?

550 is the largest side feed my wholesaler can get, so anything larger than that is 'highflowed' with a drill bit.

They are still 20+ year old design, even if you buy new. Nothing that old compares to a modern Bosch injector, in fact not much compares these days. If you are planning to run e85 one day you have no real choice but to do a top feed conversion, the sidefeeds won't last long on e85 from my experience.

I just don't want to go top feed because I want to keep it looking stock.
I've got a couple friends running sidefeeds on E85, but have them going at 100%. They're runnning close to 300kw though. That's not my goal.

I just don't want to go top feed because I want to keep it looking stock.

I've got a couple friends running sidefeeds on E85, but have them going at 100%. They're runnning close to 300kw though. That's not my goal.

You can barely even see the top feed rail when you have the std plenum and cross over pipe it does look stock.

I would personally save a little more and buy a billet performance product fuel rail and set of siemens deka injectors if using e85 or bosch injectors if using petrol.

I wouldn't touch that Chinese junk after reading about first hand experience on another forum.