SAU Community

What makes a HICAS boss kit a HICAS boss kit???

inark

as the title says....

like what is the difference? because i asked for one with 4WS or HICAS and they gave me one... but i have no idea what makes it HICAS and the HICAS light always comes on...

PS:

anyone know where in melb (preferably in the SE Suburbs near cheltenham) where i can get the bolt and nut rethreaded?? as i x threaded it :) and it aint on all the way

Originally posted by GTR-80Y

Hicas boss kit has a hole in the back plate so the this little plastic thing can poke thru. It really doesn't seem too complicated to make one outa a standard boss kit.

Yea , as he said but if you have taken the wheel off , make sure you don't turn the black plastic thing with the two prongs sticking up.

If it's rotated with the wheel off , it will throw the hicas sensor off and it thinks you are driving around a corner when you are straight.

If you rotate it too far , you may break the wiring down the column and then it's stuffed.

thanks guys... well it looks like it actually is a hicas kit then cause it has the whole in the back etc... light keeps coming on tho... will have another fiddle....

u know the steering wheel stalk are they replacable? (the thing u screw the nut onto) cause i may need to get a new one if i end up breaking the damn thing.