SAU Community

V35/ V36 Tinted Headlights/ Taillights Group Buy

Hey guys, I've started a group buy for some tinted headlights and taillights for V35 and V36 coupes and sedans. Just gauging interest at this point in time so if you might possibly be interested please have a read of the linked group buy.

V35/ V36 Tinted Headlights/ Taillights Group Buy.

Cheers, Brenton.

Tinting taillights is legal yes. I believe your brake lights just need to still be visable from a certain distance away so providing they're not too dark they would be fine. I can not however confirm or deny whether the 20% or 35% are legal. As for having more cop attention, someone on the fb group I also posted this to said he's been running tinted taillights for over 3 years and has never had an issue with cops. Don't drive like a dick and you would be fine I would imagine. :P

Tinting taillights is legal yes. I believe your brake lights just need to still be visable from a certain distance away so providing they're not too dark they would be fine. I can not however confirm or deny whether the 20% or 35% are legal. As for having more cop attention, someone on the fb group I also posted this to said he's been running tinted taillights for over 3 years and has never had an issue with cops. Don't drive like a dick and you would be fine I would imagine. :P

What about the night reflectors that are built into the tail lights and just dont work once tint is applied on the lights?

One of my work mates was running just a bit lowered (not slammed) SS ute for a number of years until got pulled over by an unhappy cop. Caused him a bit of drama going through pits two times. It appeared that he needed to put not only original springs but also replace all shockies cause they were 5mm lower (sagged due to time) plus his exhaust system was modified all over. Also needed to fix all leaks which holdens are notorious for.

Edited by MDCAT

What about the night reflectors that are built into the tail lights and just dont work once tint is applied on the lights?

Never even thought of that as this is the first car I've had with built in reflectors. :P Not too sure on the legality of that.

One of my work mates was running just a bit lowered (not slammed) SS ute for a number of years until got pulled over by an unhappy cop.

Sounds to me like we have different definitions of "a bit lowered".