SAU Community

Oil In The Radiator!

hey everyone, i got oil in the radiator but no water on dipstic or in the head? would that be a headgasket gone?

car is gtr r33 stock standard just an exhaust n tuned thats all.

thanks

Yeah pretty likely its a head gasket.

Just do a compression test to confirm it, but its likely a gasket failure between the oil and water gallery. Had the same thing happen.

How does it start and idle cold?

2 weeks ago got the compression test done n it was good, all i did was basically fitted adaptronic ecu n got it tuned!!

when it start its bit funny as cold start need to be looked at again!! otherwise its fine when its warm!!

Temp gauge not moving has nothing to do with anything here.

The heat exchanger is not repairable. That means replace or remove. Replacement is better than removal, but I don't know if you can buy new ones or if you'd have to scrounge a 2nd hand one.

Temp gauge not moving has nothing to do with anything here.

The heat exchanger is not repairable. That means replace or remove. Replacement is better than removal, but I don't know if you can buy new ones or if you'd have to scrounge a 2nd hand one.

Are you 100% sure on the heat exchanger? I've had it mixing on a car before and replaced the oring in the back (after you take off that 19mm bolt or whatever it is on the rear) and had no issues after.

Are you 100% sure on the heat exchanger? I've had it mixing on a car before and replaced the oring in the back (after you take off that 19mm bolt or whatever it is on the rear) and had no issues after.

not sure!! i'm hoping its not a hd!! where is that bolt u talking about?

I had a mate go through a similar issue, oil in water but no water in oil, 2 head gaskets and a rebuild later it turned out to be a cracked head

If head comes off get it pressure tested

Well, a failed o-ring is not the same thing as the HX itself failing. The HX corrodes when dickheads don't change the coolant, allowing it to become nicely acidic.

not sure!! i'm hoping its not a hd!! where is that bolt u talking about?

The bolt is on the HX.

1 year n only done 8k km!!

When I bought the car I did a major service n flushed out the coolant twice to get it clean plus a new radiator!! So I do look after my car GTSBOY n don't be a dickhead!!

1 year n only done 8k km!!

When I bought the car I did a major service n flushed out the coolant twice to get it clean plus a new radiator!! So I do look after my car GTSBOY n don't be a dickhead!!

Don't think he is being a dickhead as he is stating why the seal or heat exchanger corrodes. You say you had to flush the coolant a few times and the radiator was stuffed so its fair to say coolant maintenance wasn't performed for some time before you purchased it.

So if comp is good I would be looking at what GTSBOY suggests, good luck.

So I do look after my car GTSBOY n don't be a dickhead!!

Yeah, screw you dickhead. Like you're the first and only owner! How many Japanese owners ever change coolant? Answer....almost none. Your car was potentially on it's way to HX death before it even left Japan. Like everyone else's.

• Like 1

Wow.

So you looked after the car for the last year of its 25 year life, so you consider it well looked after??

Are you used to being called a dick head?

I think u are a bit delusional Lethal26. You got sound advice and yes the previous owners were dickheads and didn't look after the cooling system, all too common. You need to calm your farm as no one was insulting you.

Also with that in mind, have you done all the other fluids, diff, gearbox, brakes fluid etc, because if not I would be changing all of it seeing the coolant was that bad.

Just a bit of advice that's all, good luck.

sorry guys i'm not here to start something... my apologies!! XGTRX yes i did i change all the fluids n thanks for the advice i appreciate it!!

Ben c34 yeh the car seem good oh well shit happens n nah i'm not!!

oh well might as well replace the hg n get arp head stud!!

thanks for the help everyone