SAU Community

Autowatch 555 Clam + Factory Immobiliser = Adr Approval?

Can anyone tell me if the Autowatch 555 CLAM, along with the factory immobiliser would be enough for ADR approval for compliance/registration purposes? Or would I be better off just going for a cheap transponder immobiliser for registration and then installing something better at a later date? I'd rather not have to pay for two immobilisers (Plus labor) if I can help it.

I'm based in SA, so am also looking for a place to source and install it, so if you have any suggestions let me know! (I've heard GU Auto Concepts may be able to help, so have sent them an email)

Just incase anyone is curious, I called a few places and found GT Auto Sound in Adelaide are able to install this alarm in my V35, and said it will be fine for registration. I'm getting it installed next Wednesday, so will let everyone know how it goes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just incase anyone is interested, I had an alarm/immobiliser installed by GT Autosound (http://www.gtautosound.com) a coupe of days ago. Eventually we decided to go with the Autowatch 446rli instead of the 555 CLAM, as the CLAM does not have automatic immobilisation and only 1 immobiliser cut whereas ADR rules require two immobiliser cuts and automatic immobilisation within 40 seconds of ignition being turned off.

In hindsight, I would have gone with the CLAM as Regency didn't even test the immobiliser (I had my remote on me the whole time) and now I have to carry two key fobs around, and the buttons on my factory remote are now useless as the alarm will trigger if I open any of the doors without using the Autowatch remote. But at least I now have a very good alarm system, and the install was done very well. it also includes a glass-break sensor. George (From GT Autosound) wired it into the factory immobiliser LED to ensure it all looks stock. Highly recommended if anyone wants an alarm install done in SA!

• Like 1

Just incase anyone is interested, I had an alarm/immobiliser installed by GT Autosound (http://www.gtautosound.com) a coupe of days ago. Eventually we decided to go with the Autowatch 446rli instead of the 555 CLAM, as the CLAM does not have automatic immobilisation and only 1 immobiliser cut whereas ADR rules require two immobiliser cuts and automatic immobilisation within 40 seconds of ignition being turned off.

In hindsight, I would have gone with the CLAM as Regency didn't even test the immobiliser (I had my remote on me the whole time) and now I have to carry two key fobs around, and the buttons on my factory remote are now useless as the alarm will trigger if I open any of the doors without using the Autowatch remote. But at least I now have a very good alarm system, and the install was done very well. it also includes a glass-break sensor. George (From GT Autosound) wired it into the factory immobiliser LED to ensure it all looks stock. Highly recommended if anyone wants an alarm install done in SA!

I'm glad you went to see George & Theo Autosound :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier. Otherwise, I would've suggested the Directed Electronics range of alarms, be it the top of the line Viper or otherwise Python for the more budget conscious, as they can be interfaced with the CAN bus of our vehicles and will therefore know when you've locked/unlocked the car legitimately if you continue to use the factory remote/key fob.

Not to mention the ability to (albeit illegally) remote start your vehicle to get the cabin to that nice comfortable temperature in the summer and winter is a really nice thing to have. :)