SAU Community

Rb25 tps question...yes I've searched need clarity

Rb25 tps question...yes I've searched need clarity

Hi guys I've been searching on the forum and I am getting mixed info on what the tps for an rp25 should be set at for WOT.

I adjusted throttle plate closed to 0.50v and when I check WOT I'm reading like 4.1-4.2v

I searched and found a thread saying this was correct however another person said that's incorrect and it should be same as rb20.. 0.50 closed and 4.5 wide open.  Can one of the guru set me straight on this please? 

Update: 

Pulled connector apart and verified that terminals have good connection.  back probed with meter and with throttle plate closed got .49v however occasionally it will drop and read no voltage until I slowly move the plate open.  When throttle plate is opened WOT I had a max reading of 5.02v.  

Thinking the TPS must be bad since voltage is high and there is an occasional dead spot on the potentiometer when at idle position.

Yes I have kiwi I ohmed it out according to that it's good the part the I don't understand is where it says with plate closed it should read 4.2 to 5.2v closed.

It then says keeps measuring as you open and should increase smoothly to 4.1-4.6v. 

So obviously the closed voltage is a typo. I do have more then the specified voltage with the throttle plate open which is why I'm leaning towards the tps being bad.

Seems like I always get you to respond hah. Thanks for the help is much appreciated ^^

Two wired will read a high voltage and two will read a low voltage on a 3 pin potentiometer. Vice versa when you move the throttle all the way to the other pos

It is probably referring to the output voltage getting to the TPS with throttle closed needing to be around 5v