SAU Community

GTT Heater Core

MikeR34GTT

GTT Heater Core

Hi guys, 

So I'm about 97% sure my heater core is cactus (white mist in cabin when the heater is on without actually getting much heat, coolant in passenger side footwell, smells like melon in/outside my car, coolant leaks from pipe going into passenger side firewall, yeah you get it).

I was going to just follow the beaut tutorial that a majority of SAU's use on here when encountering this problem, but im having a hard time trying to track down a place to buy a brand new replacement other than used ones on ebay (and I hate buying parts from ebay).

Am I missing something here or is this just one of those parts thatre hard to come by now?

Thanks in advance! Think ive got my work cutout for me with this one

I just got one from the radiator wholesalers (was about $70 many years ago - probably more now.. Have you tried your local radiator shop? Or another one? If they are not very helpful you might have to pull yours out and take it to show them what you are after. So far as I know they are all the same (Stagea, Skyline, possibly lots of other cars.).

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get another heater core from Jack at Jack Phillips JDM which is on its way.

Took her for a spin today and she overheated something fierce so until the part comes in, I'm just considering re-routing the hoses and topping up with coolant. 

Are these the hoses I'll have to re-route?

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG