SAU Community

Challenge Bathurst 2017

260DET

Challenge Bathurst 2017

No firm date yet but it's on again late this year, anyone who wishes to join the Z Car Club Q Inc group and thereby secure garage accomodation can email a EOI to David [email protected] Basically this group is about old Datsuns with lot's of 240Z's and similar, importantly most of the drivers will have track experience, in 2016 it was pretty good with not much wankery going on. Up to you but you could do worse than hook up with our group.

• Like 1

The group is nearly full, seriously, but lets have more Datsuns AKA Nissans to keep the BMWs and similar eurotrash out. So EOI David, he did a brilliant job in 2016, nothing in it for him, he just loves organising motor stuff.

• 1 month later...

We have the dates, 16 to 19 Nov, sprints on Thu and Fri, regularity Sat and Sun. Entries will open July some time. Join our sensible driving Nissan/Datsun regularity group although we have allowed a couple of euros to slip in lol.

• 1 month later...

I'll be back for sure.

Worked out I did more laps at speed at last years at Challenge Bathurst than I did for the whole weekend at Bathurst 6hr - and we finished the race on the lead lap.

FYI the Z Car Club Q block entry being organised by David email [email protected] will with a bit more support, which is well on track, be able to buy a block of entries. This means that the block run together in Regularity, plus have lock up 24 hour use of their allocated main pit garages with groups eg a SAU group, being able to share the one garage plus have camping advantages. But you have to go through David who is authorised by the organisers to accept entries, you may email him now with a EOI or for more info. 

Edited by 260DET
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ive entered in the sprint this year the V8 R32. 

Last year broke my diff 1st lap on saturday. Drove back to sydney and fitted a new one overnight. Sunday got black flagged every session in the regularity for going under 2.36 . My dash wasnt working correctly and had no idea of lap times. 

This year hope things go well. 

FB_IMG_1492775272997.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes it was the sprints group B. 

Pirelli tyres + TC = 4WD 

Tremec is like a truck gearbox. soooo slow.

eg 4th to 5th 2.4 secs and 132m traveled to return to pre change speed.