SAU Community

Good sports automatic gearbox for my R33 GTST.

Good sports automatic gearbox for my R33 GTST.

Hi everyone, just looking at gettting some ideas for a solid sports automatic gearbox for my R33 GTST Series 1 sedan. I like the idea of an auto as its my day to day/ family car that I want to still have some fun with. Any help ideas and points in the right direction will be greatly appreciated :12_slight_smile:

If you have a manual sell it and buy an auto. There are probably lots of Skyline owners who would like to trade their autos for your manual. If you have an auto already the stock box is perfectly adequate and if it is tired you can get it recond and beefed up a little.

Thanks KiwiRS4T, I already have an auto, but the stock 3 speed for the 94 is just not quite cutting it, so looking at changing it out maybe for something a bit more responsive. Any ideas? Thanks for the advice though.

6 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

Not without spending a fortune. A shift kit will transform it but still 500ish unless you do the work yourself.

Thanks for the idea, would you recommend anything particular? An auto mod car is new to me so just getting ideas... previously only had manuals but after my sports auto chaser I've found a new love for the ease of city driving in a auto :)

12 hours ago, LuciR33GTST said:

Thanks for the idea, would you recommend anything particular? An auto mod car is new to me so just getting ideas... previously only had manuals but after my sports auto chaser I've found a new love for the ease of city driving in a auto :)

I used a transgo kit with some custom tweaks to it. Kit was only $85 bucks, plus fluid and gaskets cost. There is a thread on it here in the transmission section. You're not in Brisbane by any chance? We might be able to do a trade...

12 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Didn't realise your car was only 3 speed...thought it would be at least 4 speed.

Same, i actually googled it to check, yeah wow, 3speed auto R33s :huh:

4 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

I used a transgo kit with some custom tweaks to it. Kit was only $85 bucks, plus fluid and gaskets cost. There is a thread on it here in the transmission section. You're not in Brisbane by any chance? We might be able to do a trade...

I am in Brisbane mate. What sort of trade did you have in mind? Thanks for the info to, I'll look it up and see. 

1 hour ago, LuciR33GTST said:

I am in Brisbane mate. What sort of trade did you have in mind? Thanks for the info to, I'll look it up and see. 

was thinking, your manual box and gear for my shift-kitted auto, if you're looking to swap to an auto already upgraded.

25 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

was thinking, your manual box and gear for my shift-kitted auto, if you're looking to swap to an auto already upgraded.

I would love to mate cause it would save me doing it but I have an auto. I was just looking for ideas on how to go about upgrading it. Thanks for the offer though ☺

1 hour ago, hardsteppa said:

Ahaha lol i misread it. Well i have a spare valve body here suitable for rebuild that we could build up for your car.

Where at? Thats sounds like it could be a good...

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2017 at 7:09 PM, Humbla said:

You lucky lucky bastard, im 60 this year and I would love auto, clutch leg kills. emoji38.png

You might be able to fit a clutch master cylinder booster from a GTR