SAU Community

Brake pads for Skyline V36 sedan

Brake pads for Skyline V36 sedan

Ive spent a few days on here trying to work out part numbers and what pads to get for our 2007 Skyline v36 sedan type S.

I thought this would be simples as the type S and the SP have bigger brakes than the type P, but there are different types of model numbers and different info out on the net...

Any advice or info ?

Ive attached a few pics, I didn't really want the hassle of jacking the car up, pulling the pads out to take photos of them and then putting them back in with the old pads. First photo is front, other two is rear

13042017951.jpg

13042017953.jpg

13042017954.jpg

Edited by R377
dfdff

6 minutes ago, The Max said:

Those calipers don't look like a type S at all. Then again, my knowledge of anything pre-2009 is very limited.

some websites say 06-08, then 09-onwards are different

Some sites say V35 non brembo and v36 pads are the same.

Some say suit most PV36 and some KV36.

All very confusing

The early sedan's have large single pot front calipers running a 330x32mm rather than the expected twin pot caliper on a 320x28mm disc.

This means different front discs and pads.

The rear discs are also different sizes, bigger on the old cars, but seem to be the same pads... I have attached some data from the Infiniti service manuals.

Give Brakes Direct a call, they have pads for both fronts, but currently only the smaller front discs.

V36_Sedan_single_pot.png

V36_Sedan_dual_pot.png

• Like 1

I just bought some for my Coupe today.

I found this thread which i used to find some

Fingers crossed they fit my my car.

I've had trouble finding the right ones. 

Coupe

Sedan

Sports

Sports Premium 

Brembo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickcorr said:

No Brembo's on a V36.....

However, depending on which year model, can often be confused with the 370Z, which is specified to have Brembo. For example, the DBA 4000-series discs I bought for my 2009 V36 are tagged as being suitable for the Brembo-equipped 370Z.

With all these terms being thrown about, it's no wonder people get confused. I can appreciate that.

Safest thing I would suggest to Mr. R377 is to measure those discs and use that as a point of reference for which pad he needs. That's how I determined mine. Measured, looked them up in the workshop manual and then ran from there.

• Like 1

You've got taste dude. I only ever use EBC Redstuff, unless someone can tell me there's something better than those.

Otherwise, my shitbox wagon gets the Bendix Heavy Duty. :P

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 5:58 PM, V35_Paul said:

I just bought some for my Coupe today.

I found this thread which i used to find some

Thanks for that link - those pads look the same as mine.  Maybe the 2006 and 2007 brakes are different to the 2008 brake pads.  It makes it hard looking online in australia as soon as I put in 2007 skyline, it automatically selects the V35 and not the V36 skyline.

Here are pics of my pads and brakes.  Discs / rotors are 330mm by 32mm thick.

For reference our car is 2007 Skyline type S. From what i believe it is an type S as it has cloth interior, no reversing camera/sat nav, has the bigger brakes with the 18" wheels.

The type S and SP share the same bigger brakes with the 18 inch wheels.  The type P has smaller brakes with 17" wheels.  The type P has the all leather interior and BOSE stereo I think ? I think maybe the suspension is different on the type P vs the type S and type SP. The P and SP both have leather interior with heated seats, while the S gets the cloth interior.

150420171025.jpg

150420171026.jpg

150420171027.jpg

150420171028.jpg

150420171029.jpg

150420171030.jpg

150420171031.jpg

150420171032.jpg

150420171033.jpg

150420171034.jpg

150420171035.jpg

On 13/04/2017 at 9:58 PM, qdhung said:

i got bendix pad for rear , but the front took me awhile so end up with ebc red. check my image for info

20170413_222201.jpg

Thanks for the info Hung, those EBC reds look the same as mine.  Have you got any photos of the actual pads out of the box ? (just so i can be 100% sure before ordering)  Where did you buy the EBC from please ?

I forgot to add, the pads are from Intima brakes, a few guys on this forum run Intima brake pads.

From what I have seen the 1509 rear brake pads are quite common and universal, the main problem us Skyline owners have is getting the front pads correct.  I don't know if the front pads listed from Intima are for a coupe, or 2008 onwards sedan, or even a type P sedan ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..front.brake.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.rear.brake.jpg

8 hours ago, R377 said:

Thanks for the info Hung, those EBC reds look the same as mine.  Have you got any photos of the actual pads out of the box ? (just so i can be 100% sure before ordering)  Where did you buy the EBC from please ?

Sorry im not sure exact figures all i remember it took me awhile to get the corrected pads :)

also i got pad from shop called BGT in victoria

Edited by qdhung
more info
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks qdhung for the info.  I thought i would just double check with EBC directly

Those front EBC brake pads are DP31807C 

The front rotors are D7459 (RK7459 in USA)  from EBC

From what i think the brakes from v36 sedan 2006 to late 2008 are what me and qdhung have, I think in late 2008 the v36 skyline sedan then went to the 3.7L with 7 spd auto.  I am guessing they changed the brakes then to the Akebono  calipers ?

On 13/04/2017 at 1:31 PM, nickcorr said:

The early sedan's have large single pot front calipers running a 330x32mm rather than the expected twin pot caliper on a 320x28mm disc.

This means different front discs and pads.

The rear discs are also different sizes, bigger on the old cars, but seem to be the same pads... I have attached some data from the Infiniti service manuals.

Give Brakes Direct a call, they have pads for both fronts, but currently only the smaller front discs.

V36_Sedan_single_pot.png

V36_Sedan_dual_pot.png

These are the two brakes that were fitted on the V36 sedans from factory. The 3.5 and earlier 3.7 to at least 2009 MY (my car) run the 330 mm disc and single piston calipers. The later cars, maybe from 2010 when they had the facelift and proper foglights, got the 320 mm disc and 2 piston calipers.

No Akebonos from factory on the V36 sedans.

• Like 1

So just the coupes get Akebonos then ?

Do Brakes Direct stock EBC & DBA ?

We got the discs machined but its nice to have a SAU page reference for next time I have to do the brakes ....