SAU Community

Importing R32 GTR's under SEVS

jonn

Does anyone know any workshops that are setting up to comply R32 GTR's? I guess when/if the 15year rule gets squashed the only way to get these cars is under the SEVS scheme.

Yeah, think its "they're working on it" seems to be the general consensus

When 15 year rule ends they will probably get more serious about it I guess.

I was looking at a few prices.. even allowing $5000 ontop (compared to $1500 I guess for a 15 year thing), most of the prices for a nice 92 or something like that still only work out low $20's.. or possibly $3k more. The demand seems to be pushing the price of them up to what a much newer/nicer one would be, which is weird.

If i was spending that amount of money on a bit of a risk anyhow, I know i'd rather spend a bit more and get something newer.

Yup. I guess if your were willing to take the risk and speculate on R32 SEVS compliance coming soon then a 92-94 model would be the go. Once compliance is available demand will increase supply will gradually decrease and prices on those will also tend to rise.

Increased demand and decreased supply is pushing up 89 models to be close the 92-94 model prices. Note that the June 91 to June 92 models are not eligible for import under

SEVS, gotta go post June 92.

Prestige has been indicating 32 SEVS compliance will happen this year, but the date seems to be moving backwards towards that 1st Jan 05 - 15yr rule death. Be nice to import a grade 4 94 model and get it on the road for <$30k.

Oh and BTW has anybody reading this thread taken a punt on a post June 92 model - hoping that SEVS will come to the rescue shortly?

I bidded on a stock 89 gtr the other day.. i thought i was in with a chance at 930,000yen..

It sold just short of 1.5million yen... May as well wait and get a late model 32 gtr under sevs. I saw a 1995 r32 gtr, it START price was 1.8million yen! so start saving if you want a late model one too

www.upimports.com.au in Melbourne are getting SEVS compliance for R32s im pretty sure. When I brought in my 89 GTR, it was when the changes to the month not year 15 Year old came into affect, and they said they were working on R32 SEVS.

Did someone say they wanted an R32 GTR with a reconditioned engine?....my 32 is being run in at the moment after the rebuild and needs to be sold asap unfortunately. Well the stuffed pistons didnt come up in the auction report did they : (

www.upimports.com.au in Melbourne are getting SEVS compliance for R32s im pretty sure. When I brought in my 89 GTR, it was when the changes to the month not year 15 Year old came into affect, and they said they were working on R32 SEVS.

Did someone say they wanted an R32 GTR with a reconditioned engine?....my 32 is being run in at the moment after the rebuild and needs to be sold asap unfortunately. Well the stuffed pistons didnt come up in the auction report did they : (

What did it cost to recondition the engine?

i think ill second Marks question... it doesnt matter how good an R32 GTR looks on the outside, it still has a 15 year old engine. The $15,000 examples ive seen were with 100k kms and that was my main concern with importing one now... what is the price range to recondition a 15 year old RB26??

i think ill second Marks question... it doesnt matter how good an R32 GTR looks on the outside, it still has a 15 year old engine. The $15,000 examples ive seen were with 100k kms and that was my main concern with importing one now... what is the price range to recondition a 15 year old RB26??

A friend of a friend spend $22k on a engine rebuild on his R32 GTR. It was his weekend car and is now selling it as hes now got a M5.

A while back I was going to buy a 1994 R32 GTR which had an engine rebuild which cost the owner $14k from memory which I think included high flowed turbos but he opted not to get forged internals.

What would it cost to get a 33 or 34 GTR engine replacement instead?

whoever is paying over $10k for an rb26dett engine build is getting ripped..

I don't see why an RB26dett engine build is too much more difficult than an rb25det build or anything else, except the prestige status attached to these engines.

• 3 weeks later...