SAU Community

Climate control on earlier R32

Noticed that some of the earlier R32 have a slightly different climate control setup, with the sliders for the temp, rather than the digital display.

Can you simply swap the control panel over from a later model ?

Thinking back to my 33, there wasn't much too the whole system other than the box and i think the rest was controlled by the ECU... so can't see how it would be a too difficult swap.

ok, I took out my digital climate control on the weekend and at the back of it has too sockety thingys which you plug like a wiring loom type thing into it. Each have about 20 or so wires running into it. If the back of your climate control has this then it should be a straight swap. If you can take some pics of the rear of the climate control I'll be able to tell you if it can work or not.

thanx.. Sounds very similar to the r33 setup. The question is whether the same plugs are in the back of the older ones. Unfortunately have to wait until my car actually gets to Australia to find this out.

Much of those wires actually go to the relays for the heater/climate control box behind the whole dash.

Just wondering when it gets here whether i can swap it over. Might be nice, otherwise guess it doesn't really matter.

Will be back on this in a couple of months :)