SAU Community

Compliance

OHH34skyline

Compliance

Hi guys, im new here and new to the 34 life.

Just recently bought a r34 coupe na (because im a p plater) but theres no complience plate or import tag or anything? It doesnt even have a vin plate thats australian...its all japanese?

How can i get a plate or is it to late for the car as i dont know when it was brought to australia?

Cheers 

There will be something, somewhere. Maybe in the driver or passenger's door jab if not under the bonnet.

Who did you buy it from?

If nothing else, you can contact DOTARS and get a copy of the import approval based on your japanese VIN#. It will be something like ER34-xxxxxx.

Compliance

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting a car complied - the RAWS workshop said they had sent off the paperwork almost 3 weeks ago...

Just wondering if any of you guys have recently had a car complied and how long it took DOTARS to get the plate back?

Cheers :)

On 8/2/2017 at 8:02 PM, adnudcyk said:

Compliance

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting a car complied - the RAWS workshop said they had sent off the paperwork almost 3 weeks ago...

Just wondering if any of you guys have recently had a car complied and how long it took DOTARS to get the plate back?

Cheers :)

Strap yourself in mate, it can take anywhere from 4 - 8 weeks. Mine took close to 8. I'd say 6 - 8 is the norm, with anything less than 6 being a big bonus.

Edited by ADP91