SAU Community

ADM GTR #28

OzDel

Thanks for the Add. Just like to say 1992 was the start of my passion for Nissan. My Old Man loves cars lead to many purchases, like Triumph Stag, Ford Cobra, Brock Commodore, Mini Moke, Ford Doc's Coupe, to name a few. But one car ended all that.... a car that you could ask more, and it would deliver plus more. His GTR. Bought as a ..."Demo" ...with 7kms on the clock from Col Crawford's Brookvale. $85,000 "Bargain" ; ) this car has original exhaust, radio and front bar in storage. Had a Nismo exhaust Dealer fitted at the time. It has been stolen 3 times and lost several badges to the screwdriver fairies. Has a factory warranty replacement engine fitted. The reason I've joined apart from the hope of (fingers crossed, finger crossed) one day having the GT passed down to me, is a lot items need replaced like aged amber lens, missing badges, wheel centers, air vents, window mouldings and hopeful we can get it Beast back in order51fd4534fa75b7333f86df4a1e46894b.jpg35d82b2383816d7b72952d120211b608.jpg

• Like 2

The paint looks good.

The things need replacing don't look too hard.

anything different from jdm gtr compared to the australian one? And it was worth 85k$ in '92???? Damn. I thought they were in the 60k$ range in '92.

Edited by drunken0elf

The qualification for racing was a myth. The homologation for group A was done by the Nismo gun-metal grey model cars in 1990. Also the depreciation must have been crazy (as shown by your Dad's purchase price) on the ADM's at the time due to the Grey import market. There's heaps of info here on the ADM cars and you can post info and pictures of your car as well.

Welcome to the forum :)

• Like 1

I remember thinking it was a Red Batmobile as a teenager when he rock up home with it. Honestly could not understand how fast it cornered (like on rails) at the time. The Brock Commodore or even Mini's paled in comparison. Mind blowingly fast also at the time. Recently he has been offered over $60,000 for it he would have accepted it 5 years ago but then i just tell him to take it for one more drive... not for sale. I'm Evil i know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drunken0elf said:

The paint looks good.

The things need replacing don't look too hard.

anything different from jdm gtr compared to the australian one? And it was worth 85k$ in '92???? Damn. I thought they were in the 60k$ range in '92.

ADM GTR's where and always will be worth more. A mint example today is actually worth more than its new asking price. Reason being there was only 100 brought into australia and sold by Nissan Australia. Supply vs demand.  A few things where changed on them to meet adr standards when they arrived in oz, not sure exactly what these where but i'd imagine things like a 3rd brake light, reflectors, that sort of thing. There are other guys on here that could list just about everthing.

• Like 1

If i were you i wouldnt be doing any modifications to it. Return all to factory spec. Get a proper professional detail, repair any issues with new oem parts and enjoy your appreciating asset. These cars are now an investment.

Engine all looks stock but engine is 500 hp with Ball bearing turbos now and obviously Nismo exhaust. Could all be put back to stock with original parts with the exclusion of turbos