SAU Community

Cheap R33 GTS-T

Restless 33

I'm looking for a cheap R33 GTS-T

all i want is it to be in good condition inside and out... mods aren't a big problem i'm looking to spend about $15,500...can it be done..does anyone know if that can be done

i would like a black manual apart from that stock is fine although any mods would be greatly appriciated...thanks and if anyone knows one for sale for this price in Vic please PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

This subject has come up soooo many times. Up the top of the page you will see "search". Click it then on the search page do a search by title. You should find a fairly recent thread in the Vic section. For $15,000 I'd say it could be done but I'm not %100.

You could find an OK R33 GTS25t for around $15,00 but certainly not a good, clean example under $15,000. You should be prepared to pay a little more than $15,000 for a decent, clean example. Have a look at this decent R33 GTS25t 5 Speed Manual.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=128605&current_rec=66&total_rec=130&sort_type=&price_max=20000&make_id=5&model_id=73&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Dallas

sock

yeah it's all about money problems lol i'm onna be buying it for my first car....any opinions on that :) i'd be interested to hear bout that lol anyway i'm just after a good clean car that runs well black and manual....any mods are great but not needed atm...thanks fo the input though...remember if u see one in vic please tell me

Maybe an older car such as a R32 for your first car because you must think of things such as parts and mantinence, and some R33's are comming up to their 100,000 KM service, timing belt etc arn't cheap. Also factor in insurance, insurance for young driver's with a Japanese Imported car, espicially a turbocharged one won't be cheap. Just a few things you should think of before going ahead and purchasing the car. :)

im in the exact same boat as you my friend. Looking to spend 15 at the most on a good car. I really have my eyes on an r33, but the reality is for a good example of one, u have to spend at least a few grand more, and thats with out factoring in insurance and all that other annoying shit. For 15 you would be best getting something like a r32, 180sx, s13, series 1-5 rx7, 89-90 supra, or maybe even an early model s14. ya never know though, someone might be wanting to offload their r33 cheap somewhere down the road........im still hoping for that to come along, haha. Luck and chance play a big role in the car market in my experience.

Difficult situation your in dude. I was in the same boat when I was 18.... Insurance was expensive and I couldnt afford much... I know you probably dont wanna hear this dude but if i were u, work your arse off for 6-12 months and get some more money in the bank account. if your looking at an r33 turbo manual for 15k you may get one but it will cost u a bit to get the little problems fixed eg(paint touch-ups, timing belts, detailed etc.) If you save a bit more and wait and spend around 18k-20k you will get a clean low kilometer 1995mdl with a set of wheels and maybe a bodykit.... Plus your insurance will come down because you are older... Its only 6-12 month wait and you will get a much better car with no ongoing problems.... Good luck champ!

i've seen a few that look in pretty good condition for about $15, 500-$16, 500 so i mite try n wait for one of them to pop up. how many kms should a 1993-1994 have on it if it's legit...i've read the guide to buying secondhand ones...excellent btw...but i'm not sure how to tell...also i'm not interested in one that has heaps of mods because i can't have it with to much more power Victorian P's :S:S anyway just want it to have good interior and exterior and no mechanical problems or things about to ware out eg timing belts tyres...anyone think it's stupid to give a turbo charged car to a 18 y/o ...benn driving since i was 7 or something ...but really driving since bout 14

I dont think its a stupid idea aslong as you can justify the insurance costs, apart from that you shouldnt have a drama. I dont know how many "genuine" klms a 93-94mdl should have, aslong as the car looks clean and tidy in general you should have a winner.