SAU Community

R33 S1 popped and banged mid drift, now won't start.

SHOWOFFR32

R33 S1 popped and banged mid drift, now won't start.

G'day Guys, Been around a while and have had plenty of skylines over the years. I have 3 at the moment lol

This is about my R33 GTST S1..

Last Friday night I was at QR for drift practice and all was going sweet. Spent about an hour in the seat (Temps good and oil pressure good). Suddenly mid drift the car started popping and banging and started loosing power. It didn't shut off instantly but slowly lost power until it would not register any throttle input and would only idle very very roughly at about 600-700rpm.
Soon it died and overtime I went to fire it back up it would run rough for a second or two and die.

Since I have changed spark plugs, cleaned AFM, put in fresh fuel, changed fuel filter, checked coils for spark, checked ignitor, checked all fuses.
It wasn't blowing any smoke and or using any coolent. No it won't fire at all.
Its running a S1 RB25det, APEXI power fc ecu however it didn't come with a hand controller, k&n pod, bigger in tank fuel pump, hi flowed turbo, exhaust etc.

Once I changed the fuel filter and plugs I tried cranking for 10sec or so and re pulled a spark plug, however it was bone dry and so was the cylinder.
I am getting good fuel pressure to the fuel rail but the injectors aren't spraying for some reason.
I removed the CAS and spun it by hand and could hear the fuel pump prime and the injectors click, however only one click per 120 degrees? Im assuming due to 2 cylinders firing at a time. So it can't be a CAS.

I know injectors can fail, but all at once seems a bit coincidental? 

It was running well all night until it stopped and its only been a few days since.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

I believe there's wiring that runs through the drivers side wheel well that commonly gets rubbed through when lowered/larger wheels/tyres and I'm sure full lock while drifting wouldn't help. So maybe check that out?

So all wiring is fine and it starts when i spray contact cleaner in the intake.. Turns out its a fueling issue, insure what yet. Pump is fine and I'm getting good pressure at the rail, also the case fires the injectors and pump when required??
Any thoughts?

So guys, problem solved!! Turned out to be a bung fuel pump.. Put a R34 GTR Vspec fuel pump in I had laying around and a adjustable fuel regulate and she fired straight up.
I also cleaned the AAC valve while it was apart and now is idling much smoother.