SAU Community

Issue with tune

Bumblebee

Issue with tune

So for a while ive noticed a lag in the motors response after changing gears and i started watching the hand controller to see whats up. I noticed that the timing drops out significantly before going back. Like im talking it sits around mid high 30s then ill shift gears and accelerate like normal and itll start in the high 20s then drop to like 13degs.. sometimes 8 then instantly back up to 33+. I want to know why? how do i fix this? why the hell is it even doing that in the first place?? 

I just want it to not drop timing just coz i shifted a gear. Who wants it at 8 degrees then instantly jumping into the mid 30s?? makes the car unresponsive for that split second and it gets annoying. If its normal then no worries but ive never driven a car that does that, and ive had a shit load of em so far... I found this to be quite unusual. The car also maxes out the afm at high boost.. but without the power to back it up lol 5.1v on z32.. with only 280rwkw.. i feel like something isnt quite right with the whole thing.

22 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

Issue with tune

So for a while ive noticed a lag in the motors response after changing gears and i started watching the hand controller to see whats up. I noticed that the timing drops out significantly before going back. Like im talking it sits around mid high 30s then ill shift gears and accelerate like normal and itll start in the high 20s then drop to like 13degs.. sometimes 8 then instantly back up to 33+. I want to know why? how do i fix this? why the hell is it even doing that in the first place?? 

Is that at full throttle, or just cruising around?   What fuel?  Those are BIG timing numbers if it's on boost. If thats cruising then that sounds like some real messy mapping or the remote possibility of a boost leak if it's transitioning onto boost, perhaps knock control?

Very hard to speculate with so little info but sounds a bit off.

52 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Is that at full throttle, or just cruising around?   What fuel?  Those are BIG timing numbers if it's on boost. If thats cruising then that sounds like some real messy mapping or the remote possibility of a boost leak if it's transitioning onto boost, perhaps knock control?

Very hard to speculate with so little info but sounds a bit off.

Light cruising. So just like taking off at lights and just switching gears in proper cruise mode. At full boost it doesnt do that. Doesnt run much timing from base. like 17-18 i think but otherwise nah just light cruising. Its fkd. Makes the car shitty to drive coz of it and the fuel econo sucks big time. Ive asked the tuners and they were like thats just how it is. Pretty sure its not how it is. Running 98, highest knock value while cruising is around 4. on boost its about 20-30. Seems real conservative. 

Also no bov, no leaks that i can find. Tuners either. Wil be going to a new tuner though to check out the map and see whats up with the boost. It shouldnt be maxing the afm while making no power. Makes no sense.