SAU Community

Hks turbo Identification

Hks turbo Identification

Hi guys.

i have a used hks turbo in my possession. 

Chra tag states it's a 3076r chra

tag # 700177-5007S

i have not seen a 3037 with this front cover, only a 2835 pro. anyone else have this Comp cover on their 3037?  

Rear housing is a .7 t3 hks dump pattern.

any help greatly appreciated

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1089.PNG

That will almost certainly be a HKS GT3037 Pro S , assuming it hasn't been interfered with . They look virtually the same as a GT"2835" Pro S except the turbine and compressor are larger in diameter . GT3037 is HKS speak for what Garrett calls a GT3076R in 56 compressor trim . Pro S is for their unique compressor and turbine housings .

The turbine exducer or outlet diameter should be around 55mm .

Cheers A .

12 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

That will almost certainly be a HKS GT3037 Pro S , assuming it hasn't been interfered with . They look virtually the same as a GT"2835" Pro S except the turbine and compressor are larger in diameter . GT3037 is HKS speak for what Garrett calls a GT3076R in 56 compressor trim . Pro S is for their unique compressor and turbine housings .

The turbine exducer or outlet diameter should be around 55mm .

Cheers A .

Thanks for the response disco. Was hoping you would chime in.

This turbo capable of 350ish rwkw with a .82 rear, on a neo with 85 on board, all in ?

HKS did GT Pro S turbine housings in 0.68 and 0.87 AR sizes . I'm not sure if the 0.68 AR one would get 350 RWKW especially on PULP .

In theory you should be able to use a Garrett T3 flanged IW turbine housing on that unit and most opt for the 0.82 AR size on RB25 turbo engines . Those Pro S turbine housings were gold in the days before Garrett were making integral waste gate housings of their own - which are same format as the Ford XR6T T3 IW turbine housings .

A .