SAU Community

RB25/Z32 hybrid auto

Hey all,

I'm trying to get some answers for a (very tentative) VH45 swap somewhere down the line and need to get some stuff sorted before I get too carried away. I've been doing some reading on Z32/R3X hybrid gearboxes that'll take a lot of trouble out of the driveline side of the swap, however obviously most if not all this info pertains to the manual side of things. I plan on retaining my auto. Hence I have a handful of questions. I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to all this so please bear with me if some/all of them are stupid.

Currently my plan is R34 NA shifter section + gearset -> Z32 bellhousing -> adaptor plate -> VH45DE engine

1. Probably the most important question, is there a difference between the auto and manual bellhousing in a Z32? I've heard the NA and TT manuals are different (same bolt pattern, need to shave down some metal on the NA to fit the beefier TT flywheel is my understanding) and the NA and TT autos may be different lengths

2. Will the rear half (the shifter section, is there a more technical name) of my RB25 NA's auto gearbox bolt up to the bellhousing of the Z32? I've seen a manual RB rear end bolt up to a manual Z32 bellhousing with no dramas but not an auto

3. Can I use the gearset from my NA's/the Z32's gearbox for the hybrid?