SAU Community

Hey guys so yesterday i tried to do a power slide, and kick the back end out. however my back wheels lost traction and it felt like the front wheel saved me. I've been told i need to make a switch to cut off the "bosch" control, which makes the car rwd? If i turn just the VDC off will i be able to kick the back end out a little or do i need to cut/make a switch for the bosch cable? 

Cheers 

They are RWD anyway.  I have heard rumours that the VDC off only partially disables VDC, and holding it down for 10sec will turn it off fully.  I have never tested this though.

I suggest you find a suitable location to test it (private property or race track), and give it a try.

Disconnecting the yaw sensor may work too, but it will also throw plenty of warning lights.

Yeah your car will keep trying to save your life.

holding for VDC for 10 sec will turn it off so you can do cool skids. But if the car notices no loss of traction after about 30sec of turn it off some of the life saving computer power will come back on.

So hold for 10sec (VDC turns off), Do a cool skid within 30sec and it will stay off

P.S the 30sec is a guess on how long