SAU Community

r34 gtr new 18x10.5 rims and need help with tyre size please

Hello,

Ive just brought a new set of TE37 18X10.5 +15 wheels for my R34 GTR. 

I have searched through the forum and found bits and pieces around sizes 275/35R18 & 285/30R18 but looking for some definitive answers to whether any rub is present. I have coilovers lowered a bit but nothing to aggressive and looking for a tyre I can use as a weekender / the occasional road trip and also have some track performance. NT01 etc will be too much and was looking towards a Nitto NT05 in 275/35 or AD08 Yoko for 285/30. With a high cost on the AD08's I want to be sure there are no issues.

Thanks for the read and appreciate any feedback. 

you can fit 265 up to 295 on 10.5 rims, depending on your ride height and camber, i believe with 285 and 295 width will scrub a little bit at full steering lock at the front, you may also need to play with camber and roll the guards and at the rear if you are running a lowered ride height.

I have 265/35/18s on 18x10.5+15 and i was conscious that they were a bit stretched, but my wheel alignment guy was happy with how they sit on the rim.  To me,  275 would be a perfect fit with no scrubbing on the front.

You can check out the R34s here to get an idea of various tyre sizes on 18inch wheels, plenty of variety.

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_model_home.php?model=BNR34

Edited by JGTC