SAU Community

Help me remove intake manifold????

juicey33

lmao what'd you honestly expect..

The bolts are shit, but not impossible with the right tools. Take a break and come back with a clear head. I'd suggest a 1/4" drive extension and uni to get through the runners.

Alternatively, throttle body off and get under there with a ratchet spanner.

Hey jordy thanks for ur advice !
I have watched every video I could find and read everything I could..
I have removed the throttle body and tried to eliminate everything I can get to, but I don't think anything has ever been done to my car everything is really brittle. I've tried a uni joint, but that's too long to get right under the bolt and the ratchet spanner fits but there's no room to turn to crack it open.
I've left it and come back for 2 days and tried from every angle and now I'm really pissed off I have to catch the train to work instead of enjoying my lovely car!
Its so frustrating if it wasn't for those 2 bolts I would have fixed my car by now!
Isn't there someone who wants to be a hero and show me how its done??
I don't have the money for a tow to a mechanic and anyway I actually enjoy working on my own car...it's just the most shittiest spot ever to put bolts!!
Why????

I just put a manifold together on the car, i used a 3/8 ratchet with the smallest extension.

You should be able to see the front one so just take note of the position of the ratchet under the manifold and replicate on the other 2.

I just put a manifold together on the car, i used a 3/8 ratchet with the smallest extension.
You should be able to see the front one so just take note of the position of the ratchet under the manifold and replicate on the other 2.
Can u come and help me then ?

25 minutes ago, juicey33 said:
5 hours ago, NEO25T said:

Can u come and help me then ?

I would but im in Sydney lol

[emoji3]20180409_070140.thumb.jpg.1d8ba030e181362e0b038e7ef52bca31.jpg
I don't know but the space I have is not big enough to fit an extension bar, just barley the socket on swivel. Did u remove the rocker cover? I can't remove the wiring until the manifold is off as it's brittle and can't get enough grip to undo it

I took a different approach. (not saying mine is better, because it looks like other ways could be more efficient)

I removed the throttle body and fuel rail, then attacked all bolts underneath with a ratchet spanner. I didn't remove fuel filter or anything on the strut side of the manifold.

If I can do it with my dough boy hands I'm sure you can do it :)

You said you tried with a ratchet spanner and couldn't move it? Did you get the TB and fuel rail out of the way? Show us a couple pics so we can see how you're attacking it.

• Like 1

I wouldnt remove fuel lines off the tower if i was doing it again, they were already released and out of the way to make way for the new fuel system and motor which flopped so i stuck the standard stuff back in so i can drive the car again 

I took a different approach. (not saying mine is better, because it looks like other ways could be more efficient)
I removed the throttle body and fuel rail, then attacked all bolts underneath with a ratchet spanner. I didn't remove fuel filter or anything on the strut side of the manifold.
If I can do it with my dough boy hands I'm sure you can do it [emoji4]
You said you tried with a ratchet spanner and couldn't move it? Did you get the TB and fuel rail out of the way? Show us a couple pics so we can see how you're attacking it.
U in Perth?