SAU Community

Critique my cooling setup RB25DET NEO

Hi All,

I am trying to finish off my build on my R34 RB25DET NEO and want to make sure what i have going on with my coolant lines wont cause any stagnant flow or air pockets.

I am running a plazmaman Intake manifold and throttle body, and also a Haltec IACV so i dont have any coolant lines running to those.
I have the turbo coolant returning to the back of the intake runners (Orange cable tie)
And i was going to cut the nipples of the top of the runners and tap and plug those (Blue/Yellow, Yellow/Yellow)
And also Plug next to the thermostat housing.

Does this sound alright or am i going to have stagnant flow and airpockets in the intake runners?
The other option is for a swirl pot, but in the strive for simplicity and aesthetics i would rather not install one unless needed.

Cheers,

Mani.jpg

mani2.jpg

thermohousing.jpg

Edited by BlackBox

I suspect it would be wise to use at least one of those top-of-water-runner fittings you plan to nuke as a bleeder.  On a Neo, the rear one goes to the IACV which is a bleed point, and I think the front one is a bleed on the front end of the plenum too, no?

It has been that long since i first started i cannot remember where the coolant lines originally ran however the oem bleed points are no more.

It would be easy enough to tap a thread and install something like this, but i am looking for the best and neatest solution,

RNB-902-112_NP.jpg