SAU Community

R33 auto-related performance items

have gone the manual conversion route, leaving a few auto-related items for sale.

First is a valve-body upgrade for the RE4R01A transmission. This is all fully assembled so just needs to be bolted onto your transmission and good to go. The upgrade is based off a Transgo kit that has then been further tuned by KEAS; the shifts are wayyy improved from stock without being too clunky/jerky, just a nice quick shift that holds power with no flaring.

It's still in the transmission to keep everything nice n clean for the moment but hey, here's a pic of the complete transmission, just cos.... $200 for the valve body, and can post anywhere in Aus.

20181205_172907.jpg.fcbe6cf285be3628afd36f00e7f81865.jpg

The transmission itself; I believe one of the planet gears is slightly fkt, but still runs and changes gears excellently-like - just it develops vibration in 3rd gear around 90kph, which goes away when changed into O/D. The trans would be fine for a rebuild or for parts. $50, or will give away with the valve body for anyone local picking up the aforementioned item.

Furthermore; I have a B&M auto-transmission cooler (still on vehicle, to be removed shortly). This comes with mounting brackets and custom hard lines that will all bolt in place with no mods, on an R33 gtst in the driver's side behind-front-bumper-vent-area. Ditching the stock cooler that is mounted in front of the radiator massively decreased my engine coolant temps, in addition to the trans fluid being much more effectively cooled by the B&M cooler. The B&M cooler is also very robust, pretty sure you could whack it with a golf club and it would laugh it off (no I haven't tried it) so small stones etc from the road won't hurt it. Will be pulling it off this weekend and will post pics then. Looking for $150, once again can post aus-wide.

• 1 year later...