SAU Community

Driver side door lock actuator r33

Tailz94

Hi ! Still pretty fresh to the forums but I've got an issue in my series 2 skyline sedan. I've hooked up a keyless entry unit and tapped into the signal wires on the smart entry box located under the steering column. The fob works and sends signal to lock and unlock all the doors , that's all good and well, but the problem is the drivers door doesn't respond.

I can use the key on the drivers door and it'll lock/unlock all the doors including the drivers one but when I use the switch by all the window switches etc to lock and unlock the doors it works on every door except the drivers one.

When I lock and unlock the door from the handle on the inside it'll lock and unlock all the other doors.

I have tested the unit on the passenger side and have confirmed it's working. I have tried running power to it manually and no dice, becoming a bit of a headache and really dont want to run an aftermarket actuator when I know there's nothing wrong with the factory one.

Sorry for the long read, if ya need any more info I'll reply as soon as I can. Hoping someone else has had this problem and I've just missed something stupid, cheers (:

What factory one?  They don't have them!!  The driver's door is the master.  You turn the key and a mechanical linkage unlocks the door.  The switchbox detects that and passes it to the passenger door controller & the one and only actuator in the car opens that door.

Search and see.  Here's a clue. https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/475597-clifford-alarm-install-on-r32/?tab=comments#comment-7893615

where the plug goes into is what I believe to be an actuator? Seems to have 2 wires that switch between 12volt current for whichever state (locked/unlocked) and then two other 'signal?' wires that emit 0.1 volts between each state too, I'll upload a video to youtube and put the link here IMG_20181214_175032.jpeg

Um....didn't know the R33s had a driver's side actuator. R32s certainly don't.  They're only useful if the car has keyless entry, which was not common in either of their vintages.

If it's stuffed, you could still follow my advice & just fit a generic actuator.

8 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Um....didn't know the R33s had a driver's side actuator. R32s certainly don't

something something technical advancement something? :4_joy:

I can't really help though, perhaps a wire from the door switch has been cut, I do know that due to some sort of security vulnerability with these switches a lot of people have disabled them but mine already came like that so can't really help sorry, except to recommend to trace all the wires to and from the actuators,  control box and switch to see if something has been cut.

• Like 1

Um....didn't know the R33s had a driver's side actuator. R32s certainly don't.  They're only useful if the car has keyless entry, which was not common in either of their vintages.
If it's stuffed, you could still follow my advice & just fit a generic actuator.
Didn't watch any of the videos? yeah they've got one and yeah I've got keyless entry. No it's not broken.

something something technical advancement something? :4_joy:
I can't really help though, perhaps a wire from the door switch has been cut, I do know that due to some sort of security vulnerability with these switches a lot of people have disabled them but mine already came like that so can't really help sorry, except to recommend to trace all the wires to and from the actuators,  control box and switch to see if something has been cut.
yeah everything looks to be in good working order in the door, unless it's been cut in the cabin, I'll have a look tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tailz,
I'm having the exact same problem with my 33 gtst locking.
Any update on the cause/fix?
hey mate have been on holiday so haven't really gotten anywhere on the situation yet , going to leave it til when I get back, if you sort the problem before me could ya share the solution , best of luck , cheers