SAU Community

RB20 Plenumn's?

I'm after an aftermarket plenumn for my Rb20det. I've had a search and came up with nothing. Seems like either a custom made one, or a "cut n` shut" style job on my stock iteam.

Does any one know of any bolt on ones (like the GReddy ones for rb25)?

Cheers, Josh.

Rips make a custom front facing plenum for whatever engine you have. Keeps all factory sensors unlike the Sub Zero, or Greddy plenum.

His email is [email protected] and his name is Rob. The pic shows the Rb20det version. You get it in a kit form, in the colour of your choice for $1500NZ (Roughly $1350 AUD) Comes with modified throttle body, throttle cable, water pipe kit, all fittings for brake booster, map sensor, boost guage etc....

Great buy in my mind.....thats why im getting one :rofl:

Josh, i'll PM you the email address of a workshop who has an awesome rb20 plenum that weld onto your stock bottom runners. Excellent design and only costs $600 or so. Definately my choice once i get the $$.

• 5 months later...

GTR plenums don't work on the RB20DET.

The factory plenum gives not only more low down torque, but better top end as well.

Nissan got that part correct.

There was an articles in Zoom magazine a number of months back, where they couldnt figure out why the RB20 went like a dog, as it turns out they removed the modified RB26 plenum put on the the factory RB20 plenum and power and torque went up everywhere in the rpm band.

I could scan the article if you want.

But yeah, get a whole RB26DETT if you want to go down that route.

greddy rb20 and the 25 are the same im 99% sure

Good thing you werent 100% sure as they dont fit:(

Greddy only make manifolds for the RB25 adn RB26, neither of which fit the RB20. Workshop X in NZ also do nice looking plenums....whether any work better then the std one i dont know

this is the thing guys, i don't want to spend all this money on a RB20DET if for the same kind of money it would cost to tune a RB20DET i could get a whole RB26DETT and basicly run the thing near standard

I'm still looking into it, and if you do have the time to scan that, that would be good :(