SAU Community

Poll: Should I keep the HKS Super Dragger exhaust??

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

G'day guys,

I just had my HKS Super Dragger exhaust from the cat back installed today. And while I'm stoked on the how it sounds etc, I am extremely conscious of the fact that it's going to land me into trouble.

Where to start, I guess firstly yeah, I came from a stock exhaust so anything aftermarket is going to be shock to the system. Is it too loud?? Well, it would probably pass EPA as this is one of the "quieter" exhausts on the market, but it does have a droney taste to it, especially around the 2000rpm mark.

However, what I am more conscious of, is the fact that my car is also lowered. Lowered, making the exhaust around the centre of the car, go below the 100mm ride height limit. Combined by the fact that it has a massive 5 inch "cop bait" tip, I know its going to draw unwanted attention, which will invariably lead to a defect notice..... *sigh*

So what should I do, keep it, and enjoy the noise, power etc, or revert back to stock, and remain hassle free from the cops (if that is at all possible)

Oh yeah, does anyone want a HKS exhaust........ barely used!! :)

What would you guys do???

I'd be interested if that fits r32?

I guess 3.5" for a rb20 light tune is a bit much isn't it ?

You can get a silencer option for that - i think it's just a plate or something that goes in *shrug*.

When you say drone... how drone? I like my mate's kakimoto cat back.. sounds awesome - not loud just meaty and low..

So anyone knows if it fits r32?

G'day someonestolecc,

Thanks for the PM, I really don't know whether it would fit a R32. I guess I hope somebody here can answer that. But yeah, coming from a stock exhaust, anything was always going to be a louder, and to me, just a bit disconcerting.

I got this, as it was supposedly a quieter exhaust..... hmmmm, all person preference, I guess.

if your so scared about getting a defect from copz, maybe your driving the wrong car and on the wrong forum. Copz will give you shyt even if you car is stock just because you drive a skyline. And i think 98.9% of the people's cars on this forum, are defectable. So seriously if i were you, i would worry about getting into driveways n shyt rather then gettin ***kt by copz.

Whoa Guilty..... some serious tough love there! hehe :)

Understand your point though. I have been pulled over numerous time for random checks, but when my car was stock, never any hassles, as it should have been. I don't want to intentionally defect my car, and waste my time and money on getting things epa'd etc etc.......hence the reason why I ask the question here.

So I'm guessing you've voted for the the "phuck it" option........ Thats cool, thanks for your opinion

Jimbo2000........ thanks for your words of confidence, I guess the only difference is that I live under the tyranny of the Bracks government. Vic is phucked when it comes to this...... then again, NSW is not much better is it???

Guest RedLineGTR

This is one of the few cat back quieter exhuast that you would be able to find for your car i only know 2 or so other brands that will give you good preformance and are quiet too. i Have one on atm it find it abit quiet sometimes and sometimes i want that raw RB sound lolz. When about half a year ago i had it testes this was with a high flow cat and a front pipe (no dump at that time) it was smack bang on the 90db reading and i passed the epa, which i was happy about but since now i have the dump pipe done it should be higher :)

G'day Rob, Thanks for your input mate. Here's one for you. If I am to keep it, to avoid any defect notice, I will need to raise the car.

So here are the options, raise the car, or change the exhaust.

Ride height

Exhaust????

Hmm, can height adjustables are out of the question, as I can't afford them! :rofl: There's some food for thought for ya!

Jimbo2000........ thanks for your words of confidence, I guess the only difference is that I live under the tyranny of the Bracks government. Vic is phucked when it comes to this...... then again, NSW is not much better is it???

aahh VIC righto.

from what i've read on here a skyline in vic.... might as well get an anus enlarging tool and get used to the feeling :rofl:

Throw your car into neutral whenever you see the 411 and you'll be alright. This solution can be hard when they're following you though.

It's not that tough to swap over an exhaust to clear a defect (especially if you have the original), so don't worry about it.

That said, if you drive your car around under 2000rpm and frequently visit dangerous areas (411 wise), then go for the stock unit.

just keep it on until you get defected IF you do. if u want something different i have a kakimoto muffler, the oval shape muffler one, its suppose to be fairly quiet too, been sitting in the garage for ages. will post it when i take some new pics of it.