SAU Community

Torque Time Brekky and Laps at QR this Sunday 3/3/19

mikel

Hi guys,

I'm heading out to Queensland Raceway on Sunday 3/3/19 for Torque Time's Brekky and Laps (weather dependent - if it's raining I won't go, but otherwise I'll be there)

http://www.torquetime.com.au/product/breaky-laps-3-3-18

It's a completely different format from the old days when Noel and the other guys of SAU QLD used to organise Happy Laps at QR or Lakeside, but the last one I went to ended up loads of fun.

At QR with 4 straights it ends up being a long series of informal rolling start drag races - you end up cruising around each corner, looking over to who is next to you, give a nod, and nail it on the sraight, repeat, repeat...

You don't get to go fast in the corners, but it's surprisingly lots of fun - with an amazing mixture of cars from hot hatches to old school V8s to Lambos etc etc.

If you come out I'll be in a white R33 GTST - come and say hi.

cheers

Mike

the weather doesn't look fantastic for tomorrow, but a few sprinkles of rain should dry out pretty quick.

should be loads of fun.

cheers

Mike

46 minutes ago, Russdmuss said:

How was the day mike??

the weather wasn't great - wet track which refused to dry out between showers.

A mate predicted a ute would go off within 10 minutes of starting - it took 8.

Still fun, but so slippery, and a heavy shower in the middle of the session meant the track remained wet the whole session.

The weather was fine when I got there, but the track was damp, so I decided to put the money of a day license ($20) towards a year license ($65) - helps motivate me to do some more track time, and the license works at Lakeside also.

cheers

Mike