SAU Community

25 neo 30 auto ?

Anyone done this? ^

Im a slap it in me vl and was wondering if anyone has used the rb30 auto box on an rb25neo to avoid complications with speedo , tail shaft and diff.

I read the manual flywheels are different sizes and change the starter location slightly to suite.. is it true and is it the same with the autos?

I do have the 25de auto box still on it!

Just pondering if its gonna be better bang for buck as i have the rb 30 auto too but not the apropriate diff nor tail shaft and speedo drives for the 25box in the vl.

I have the mounts and and both standard tail shafts to get one built when i can afford to if needed.

Maybe some 31 players will chime in..

6 hours ago, Slap said:

I read the manual flywheels are different sizes and change the starter location slightly to suite.. is it true and is it the same with the autos?

It's not true.  I have RB20 flywheel on 25Neo using the Neo's starter.  They are all the same.

You are going to have to Nistune the ECU otherwise it will pack a sulk from not having comms with the TCU.

Just for clarity, this is a non-turbo Neo & auto you're talking about, right?

Considering an rb25 auto bolts onto an rb30 with rb30 flex plate I can't see why it wouldn't go the other way.

Don't worry about the starter position, that's determined by the bell housing so it's not like you can adjust it. An auto bellhousing will put the starter in the right spot for an auto flex plate.

4 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You are going to have to Nistune the ECU otherwise it will pack a sulk from not having comms with the TCU.

Actually, that may not be true.  The ECU can be pretty flexible about not having the TCU on-line.  ABS & TCS can be a lot more bitchy, but if it's NA, it won't have any of that anyway.