SAU Community

The 2 little buttons on the left

NIZ30

On a 32 skyline (not sure bout 33) there are two little buttons for the radio on the left side of the instrument binocle. On for am/fm i think the other i can't think of right now.

Anyways....Since nobody ever keeps the standard head unit (for long), and I can't easily get rid of them I want to use these buttons for something.

Anyone done this before and what did you use them for? Or just any suggestions in general?

Maybe a kill switch, that would be pretty stealth. Hide a kill switch in plain sight. :)

hehehe i had similar thoughts on it...

i was going to see if it was possible to set it up so that it could skip tracks/folders for my MP3 player etc

altho i like ur suggestion of a kill switch.

Hey, I read somewhere that there's a new product which can interface between a head unit and most factory buttons such as those on many car's steering wheels... Maybe you could hook it up to still operate your aftermarket deck, who knows?

Or maybe the kill-switch, or how about a scramble button for an electronic boost controller...

I've pulled apart the console, and I've wired it up so I can control the rear SKYLINE light (I haven't put the thing in yet) on the back of the car with one. The other well I've put the wire there, dunno what I'll use it for yet. Maybe I'll rewire my alarm to it or sumfin.

My remotes mounted on the steering wheel so I have bugger all use for it.

Guest Boxhead

hrrrmmm i was thinking the same thing :) i like the kill switch, or, use it as a NOS button, coz thats stealth.. or better yet, go james bond style, hook up rockets and use em for that :P

Guest Nismo_Freak
Originally posted by inark

lol box...

*SS driver cuts boxhead off*

"I THINK NOT MOTHER ****ER!!!!"

*hits the button..."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Then you realize that was really the Nitrous button and all that "boom" was your crank snapping into two peices.

Originally posted by Nismo_Freak

Then you realize that was really the Nitrous button and all that "boom" was your crank snapping into two peices.

no the boom was the bond style rockets!

oh duh!

:)

lol wire em up to the passenger eject sping latch, that way if someone in the passenger seat gets smart, eject em...

used to scare the shit outta ppl with the aircraft style launch button in my 180 with the words "passenger eject" on it, they'd look at the switch, then look at the roof (hardtop) and then look at me in confusion.

Ahh those were the days

Guest Boxhead

no im interested, so your saying nos doesnt work on auto???

haha lol @ shan.. thats funny, never really noticed, so slow and steady wins the race, dammit i wish for both our sake that worked in real life